Feather duvet and pillows.

scarlet mia

Hi we have the packers coming on Tuesday next week and was wondering if anyone knows if it is o.k to put feather pillows and a duvet in the container. I have only just thougt of it and when the companies have come round it has never been mentioned as a no no.

If anyone does know it would be great to know as I have just bought some feather pillows and my duvet is also a goose feather one too.

Thankyou Karen

• 3 weeks later...

I may be wrong but i was told by the shippers it was a no no. I also have duck duvets and pillows. Not worth taking the risk if you are going to get charged $250 per item to deal with it. Watch out for thoses xmas decs too. If you are boxing them up, dont mark them as decorations but maybe ornaments instead

I'm sure they are ok. I've read other threads on here where people have taken them without issue. Things like sheepskin rugs are also fine so I can't see duck down duvets being a worry.

I may be wrong but i was told by the shippers it was a no no. I also have duck duvets and pillows. Not worth taking the risk if you are going to get charged $250 per item to deal with it. Watch out for thoses xmas decs too. If you are boxing them up, dont mark them as decorations but maybe ornaments instead

Marking them as ornaments would be iffy. Pine cones are a big no no so anything like that decoration wise that came off a tree should not shipped. If they check and you've fibbed on the listing you could cause problems for yourselves.

I'm sure they are ok. I've read other threads on here where people have taken them without issue. Things like sheepskin rugs are also fine so I can't see duck down duvets being a worry.

Not much point in getting these shipper people out then. All of them men i had in my bedroom (ooh) they all felt my duvet (scuse me) and said no way missus. Friggin hell i love my ducky doo duvet and didnt take it and now it will be homeless in the uk. As for the xmas decs i just thot it was a good excuse not to have to decorate the house with all the naff stuff and was a good excuse to bin it (love xmas day but not a fan of all the bloody hype you get now)

As for the xmas decs i just thot it was a good excuse not to have to decorate the house with all the naff stuff and was a good excuse to bin it (love xmas day but not a fan of all the bloody hype you get now)

Bah humbug! :cry:

Archived