Job offer , will I survive ?

dannymonaghan

Alright guys been a while since I last posted but I've been lurking around! Basically I've been offered a job and would like some info regarding the wages. I'm 24 , a Panel Beater and would be travelling alone , the job offer is in Melbourne and is %52,000 a year plus 9% super , not all that clued up on pensions but I think this is decent from what I've read. I have a meeting with a couple of their representatives in town tomorrow and they've told me to be armed with as many questions as I like. I would like to know some basic stuff like cost of living , are my wages likely to go up and do they work a bonus system. If anyone has any relevant info they could pass on it would be appreciated. Most likely these people will tell me everything's great come on over but I'd like to know if its doable on those sort of wages.

Cheers

Danny.

Hiya Danny,

Ur a single guy whats to lose. If you are up for the the whole Oz experience then go for it. My Oh in that profession. If your good at your job you will go far. OH started off as a paint sprayer/coach builder, now a bodyshop manager. But upon saying that in this game what with bonuses etc sometimes your better staying on the shop floor and not having the stress. Dont know who you have applied to but if you want to PM your details i will pass on to OH

Take care

Archived