Moving to Gladstone

The Quigleys

• 4 weeks later...
Guest melanieb

We are living in Tannum sands which is about 20 mins south of Gladstone & a very easy commute. It's a beautiful beachside town with 2 lovely primary schools & a secondary. I also have 2 boys age 5 & 3 as well as a 7 month old baby girl. My oldest boy goes to St Francis Catholic Primary which is just fantastic. when we came to look at it when first moving here back in January there were 3 kangaroos in the playground. They are often around here! We, like a large percentage of the school, are not catholic, but that doesn't matter. Good luck with the move & pm me if I can help in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wanna b warm

Hi.. We'v been out since April spent first 6 weeks in an area of Gladstone called Clinton which was far nicer than I had expected! We now live in boyne island which is great. I've a 5 year old and 12 year old in boyne island state school which I'm really impressed with so far and a 14 year old in tannum high. Can't comment on the other schools as have no experience of them but certainly for the pre high school years there are alot to choose from. We were advised to avoid central Gladstone but there are alot of nice areas it really depends on what u have come from where you will feel comfortable I guess! I've found the mums at my sons prep class really nice and friendly there are alot of people coming and going from all over the place. As melanieb said if I can be of any assistance..

Also if anyone wants to meet up at all for a coffee or a play with the kids on the beach that'd be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, we are relocation to Gladstone in a few days (currently on the sunshine coast), we will be in Temporary accommodation for the first month as work is supplying it, but will be hunting for a nice rental asap.

location wise looking at Tannum and Boyne, but i also wanted an opinion of Glen Eden? any views on this area, schools etc is it nice? also did anyone have a dog whilst looking to rent? if so was this a problem. We don't have a dog atm but have promised my 5 year old(for the last 2 years due to Visa process) once we get settled that we can finally have our much awaited pet. :animal-dog:

Any advice will be great :wubclub:

Hi All, we are relocation to Gladstone in a few days (currently on the sunshine coast), we will be in Temporary accommodation for the first month as work is supplying it, but will be hunting for a nice rental asap.

location wise looking at Tannum and Boyne, but i also wanted an opinion of Glen Eden? any views on this area, schools etc is it nice? also did anyone have a dog whilst looking to rent? if so was this a problem. We don't have a dog atm but have promised my 5 year old(for the last 2 years due to Visa process) once we get settled that we can finally have our much awaited pet. :animal-dog:

Any advice will be great :wubclub:

Hi there

We live in Tannum and have been here for 5 months now and like it very much. My son goes to Tannum primary school and now likes it ( didnt for a while) but he's doing good now.

Glen Eden is between Tannum and Gladstone, personally in my opinion from what i have seen i am not that keen on it and there doesnt seem much to do...at least with Tannum or Boyne you have the beach on your doorstep and some nice play areas for the kids.....if you have any questions private message me and i will help you with anything you need to know.

Hey all, been in Gladstone since Friday, unfortunately stuck in an apartment in Gladstone and no means of transport!!! nothing at all to do here for a 5 year old within walking distance, so a very bored 5 year old is not too happy :arghh:

Hopefully i can get some sort of transport sorted for next week as i'm trying to get DD booked into Tannum Primary and need to look at rentals in Boyne, I wanted Tannum but it is an extra 8 min's drive for OH who is working north of Gladstone (Yarwun) makes his daily commute a little easier.

Would love to meet up next week if i can sort a car out if anyone is free.

Guest melanieb

Maybe we should all arrange a meet up one day after school next week. How about the park on Millenium Esplanade? The more the merrier!! Who's keen & what day Suits?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

My wife 29 yrs old and I 31yrs old will be moving over to Hopefully Tannum and after an induction period at head office expect to be there 3rd week in Sept. I have absorbed the schooling details and wonder if anyone has managed to secure a childcare place? as we have a 9 yr old boy and a 3yr old girl who wont stop talking about her new nursery in Tannum. I believe places are hard to come by.

Further to the education issue me and my wife would like for the opportunity of socializing with families similar to that of ours.

Regards

The Bilsland Family

Guest Wanna b warm

Hi eng32..I feel your pain! Was stuck without transport with my 3 aged 14 12 and 5 for awhile wasn't nice lol! They were out of school 7 wks in total (it was Easter at home before we left) was so pleased to get them into school! My youngest 2 go to boyne state school and so far it's been great. The teachers are fab. We live in boyne. It's nice here.

Melanie would be good to meet up with everyone been quite a few new people arrived recently..

Archived