10 and 14 Year old moving to Melbourne (Point Cook) and worried about making friends.

Midwife99

Hi my 10 and 14 year old boys are both worried about making the move to Oz and losing their friends. We plan to be out Oct/Nov and live in Point cook area, Is their anyone who could give them advice on making the move and hopefully make them feel a little more positive about it? PLease :biggrin:

which friends are you worried about losing...ive always said if they are friends it doesnt change where you are on the planet..if they dont want to know then they aren't friends then.

just get outside and talk to people

My 10 year old daughter was on skype all day everyday to her best friend back in the UK when we first arrived 3 months ago. Once she started school and making friends it dwindled to once every couple of days. Now it is just a quick call sometime over the weekend. Kids adapt very easily!

• 11 months later...
Hi my 10 and 14 year old boys are both worried about making the move to Oz and losing their friends. We plan to be out Oct/Nov and live in Point cook area, Is their anyone who could give them advice on making the move and hopefully make them feel a little more positive about it? PLease :biggrin:

Hi there :smile:

We moved to point cook (sanctuary lakes) almost a year ago now. We have a 14yr old son and an 8 year old daughter. They were worried about making friends and fitting in here too. However, we needn't have worried at all. The children in their school were fantastic at helping them settle and have all been a godsend. Our son went from being bullied really badly in the UK (so bad that we removed him and home schooled him for the last 6 months we were there) so he was really worried about settling back into the school environment. He absolutely loves it, has heaps of friends now and has just been selected to be one

of 7 school guardians in his school here and is loving life :-) he would be more than happy to chat to your son about school life here, just drop me a pm if we can help at all. Good luck with your move, and trust me your doing the right thing x :yes:

Archived