Project/Program Administrator 511112 - 176? Help if you can

Guest fisherlu82

Guest fisherlu82

Hi to those out there

Unsure if anyone can give me a steer on how to move forward from experiences out there:

My husband and I are desperate to move to Australia. We met and traveled in 2004 and have had returned visits.

I have a step-aunt based in Adelaide willing to assist however she can and we have savings which I am unsure aside re costs to move and visa if other alternatives are available we were once told and I quote "no you dont make the criteria however, if you have 20k you can buy a visa, do you have a spare 20k?" this was at an emigration fair and were moved on and out of the queue! to say we were annoyed and upset is obvious.

I am a PMO manager. I have looked into company transfer but this is not an option.

I have only one formal qualification which I took after following advise which in hindsight I do not thing will pass with VETASSESS. I have a BTEC Diploma in Project Management which I took Part Time over 2 years -

This I do not think now will equate to a AQF diploma from the information I have read. From the SOL list I understand that the most relevant code would be 511112, Program or Project Administrator however VETASSESS will not accept only my experience. I am unsure if another code would be best I have been looking but I cannot see.

I am 30, female, great heath, English. I have been working in the project arena since approx 2002 and have 8.5 years in total experience (not inc WHV GAP years etc).

My husband went back to university (one of us to work the other to study) to gain a degree which he did last June within BSC Web Development, he has very little work experience however and current seeking employment in this field. He is 36 and as myself great health and native English speaker.

We are aware we could emigrate to NZ however I have really held off on this option as Australia is where my heart is and NZ would only be taken into account if I truly know that Australia is a no-go.

As above my step-aunt is MORE than willing to assist.

I think a 176 family sponsored would be best but unsure with the VETASSESS status if I can actually go any further forward.

Apologies again if I haven't followed protocol - your steer / advice or where I should put this data for assistance would be very appreciated.

We started this 7 years ago and have had bad advice throughout :mad:we are wanting to settle sooner rather than later and Oz is where we want to be :biggrin:

As far as I know family sponsored will get you basically no-where other than allow you to visit and not work for up to 3 months (unless things have changed). You need to see if you are eligable for a skilled visa, which is all about your occupation and its demand in Australia.

Google visa wizard Australia and consider a free initial consultation with a reputable migration agent.

Finally, you'll get more responses posting in the migration forum here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/ which is geared towards people in the visa application process.

Archived