RENTING or BUYING ASK ME THE QUESTIONS

Guest pizda63

Guest pizda63

Hi all,

My name is Peter Vinci Born and Raised in Fremantle Western Australia. I have met many Poms looking for property either to Rent or Buy within the area. The question asked by many is information about the market prior too migrating to Australia.

I am offering my knowledge to all on any aspects of Renting or Buying within this large state of Western Australia.

All questions will be answered

Post your question or send me an Email.

peter@pfrofessionalsfremantle.com.au

Real Estate Western Australia - Property - Professionals Fremantle - Fremantle - Professionals WA

• 1 month later...
Guest Janine.wyatt

Hi, were looking for property in perth, around rockingham, do we have to be permanant citizens before we can buy and what are the unfront fees and also with rent. Many thanks Janine

Guest pizda63
Hi, were looking for property in perth, around rockingham, do we have to be permanant citizens before we can buy and what are the unfront fees and also with rent. Many thanks Janine

Hello Janine,

Thank you for your question.

House pricing is calculated by the number of Bedrooms and Bathrooms. How many Bedrooms will suit your need?

Rockingham is a coastal suburb south of Perth City. Pricing also depends if you want to live near the ocean.

The Upfront Fees are as follows:

Stamp Duty calculated on the total Purchase price of the property

ie, $350,000.00 AUD Stamp Duty =$13,200.00

$450,000.00 AUD Stamp Duty=$18,200.00

Settlement Fees aprox $2000.00

The Foreign Investment Policy States you do not need to be a perminent resident to purschase Housing.

To read the Policy go to FIRB: Foreign Investment Review Board - Home and go to documents.

Rentals have increased by 45% in less than 12 months the average rental per week depending on the size and location range from $350 to $1200.

Janine if you need any further info drop me a reply

Cheers

Peter Vinci

Guest julie2g1b

hi peter

was wondering as we are looking at short term rentel's in port kenndy/secret harbour area so that can have a good look around to where we would like to settle.

we have never rented before so what sort of info do we need to bring with us we would be looking for a 4 bed 2 bath pay upto $350 is that poss or could you recommened an area that is child friendly as have 3 children.

my hubby is a builder and does not want to travel to far he will look for work as soon as we get there should hear soon but still got to sell our house.

hope you can help

julie:wubclub:

Hello Janine,

Thank you for your question.

House pricing is calculated by the number of Bedrooms and Bathrooms. How many Bedrooms will suit your need?

Rockingham is a coastal suburb south of Perth City. Pricing also depends if you want to live near the ocean.

The Upfront Fees are as follows:

Stamp Duty calculated on the total Purchase price of the property

ie, $350,000.00 AUD Stamp Duty =$13,200.00

$450,000.00 AUD Stamp Duty=$18,200.00

Settlement Fees aprox $2000.00

The Foreign Investment Policy States you do not need to be a perminent resident to purschase Housing.

To read the Policy go to FIRB: Foreign Investment Review Board - Home and go to documents.

Rentals have increased by 45% in less than 12 months the average rental per week depending on the size and location range from $350 to $1200.

Janine if you need any further info drop me a reply

Cheers

Peter Vinci

................ and if you are permanent residents then stamp duty is exempt on sale prices up to $500K for qualified first-home buyers?

................ and if you are permanent residents then stamp duty is exempt on sale prices up to $500K for qualified first-home buyers?

hi bobcat,

is that the same in South Austrailia or just Western??

thanks in advance

Kimberley x

hi bobcat,

is that the same in South Austrailia or just Western??

thanks in advance

Kimberley x

Each state has different variations on the same theme Kimberley. Here in WA First-Home buyers are exempt from stamp duty on a purchase up to $500K. I'll chase up facts and figures for SA for you.

Here's a bit of general info re the First Home buyer's grant. As with the stamp duty this too does differ slightly from state to state:

Broad Principles of the First Home Owners Grant

To provide a brief snapshot of the first home owners grant we have highlighted below the broad principles of the grant: -

• Eligible applicants from 1 July 2000 are entitled to a one-off $7,000 first home owners grant payment • Eligible applicants for the first home owners grant must be natural persons, who are Australian citizens or permanent residents, who are buying or building their first home in Australia • To qualify for the first home owners grant, neither the applicant nor their spouse (or de facto) must have owned a home prior to 1 July 2000, either jointly, separately or with some other person • Neither the applicant nor their spouse (or de facto) must have owned and occupied a home after 1 July 2000 to be eligible for the first home owners grant • Neither the applicant nor their spouse (or de facto) must have claimed the first home owners grant previously • Entering into a binding contract or commencement of building, in the case of owner-builders, must have occurred on or after 1 July 2000 • An eligible home will be located in Australia and will be a new or established house, home unit, flat or other type of self contained fixed dwelling that lawfully can be used as a place of residence. • An eligible home must be occupied by the applicant(s) as their principal place of residence within 12 months of completion of construction or settlement of the home • Application for the first home owners grant must be made within 12 months of completion of construction or settlement of the home • The first home owners grant will not be means tested • There is no tax payable on the first home owners grant • Joint applicants will be restricted to a single application for a single property and only one payment of $7,000 for the first home owners grant will be made • If the consideration of the home is less than $7,000 then the amount of the first home owners grant paid to the applicant will equal the consideration

Guest pizda63

Hello Julie,

You have selected 2 good suburbs in Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour. Both situated along the coast. You will be able to select many near new 4 bedroom 2 bathroom homes with air conditioning and fully reticulated gardens.

Both areas house many young famalies.

The information needed in rental application are as follows

Form of Id ie, Passport

Visa or permanent residency

Proof of Income or $$

Have a look at this WEB SITE to give you an idea of homes available to rent within the above suburbs Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au

Cheers

Peter

Guest julie2g1b

thanks peter for your email

yes i always look on that site very helpful and some really nice houses

julie :wubclub:

Guest Sexy Welsh Aussie Bird

When we first came to Oz we were lucky enough to be able to rent off a family friend, as many of you may know from previous posts it wasnt the best rental. I was not happy there even tho it had a pool!!! It was very old and not looked after, the only plus side was that it was furnished! I viewed a few rental properties thru estate agents but they always wanted references from previous landlords, this was not possible as we had never rented before in Oz!...............................

My oh's Auntie suggested to us that if there was a particular property which we liked then a possible way around this was to offer 3 months or more rent upfront, apparently they did this when they first came! This may not be an option for everyone but it may be something to consider while you are planning your move, especially as rentals are so in demand at the mo!

Luckily for us we managed to get our mortgage quicker than we anticipated so we moved from the rental straight into our own home! Good Luck to you all !

Sian xxx

Guest stevebison2000
Each state has different variations on the same theme Kimberley. Here in WA First-Home buyers are exempt from stamp duty on a purchase up to $500K. I'll chase up facts and figures for SA for you.

Here's a bit of general info re the First Home buyer's grant. As with the stamp duty this too does differ slightly from state to state:

Broad Principles of the First Home Owners Grant

To provide a brief snapshot of the first home owners grant we have highlighted below the broad principles of the grant: -

• Eligible applicants from 1 July 2000 are entitled to a one-off $7,000 first home owners grant payment • Eligible applicants for the first home owners grant must be natural persons, who are Australian citizens or permanent residents, who are buying or building their first home in Australia • To qualify for the first home owners grant, neither the applicant nor their spouse (or de facto) must have owned a home prior to 1 July 2000, either jointly, separately or with some other person • Neither the applicant nor their spouse (or de facto) must have owned and occupied a home after 1 July 2000 to be eligible for the first home owners grant • Neither the applicant nor their spouse (or de facto) must have claimed the first home owners grant previously • Entering into a binding contract or commencement of building, in the case of owner-builders, must have occurred on or after 1 July 2000 • An eligible home will be located in Australia and will be a new or established house, home unit, flat or other type of self contained fixed dwelling that lawfully can be used as a place of residence. • An eligible home must be occupied by the applicant(s) as their principal place of residence within 12 months of completion of construction or settlement of the home • Application for the first home owners grant must be made within 12 months of completion of construction or settlement of the home • The first home owners grant will not be means tested • There is no tax payable on the first home owners grant • Joint applicants will be restricted to a single application for a single property and only one payment of $7,000 for the first home owners grant will be made • If the consideration of the home is less than $7,000 then the amount of the first home owners grant paid to the applicant will equal the consideration

would i still be able to apply for the $ 7000 grant if i own a flat in the uk?

would i still be able to apply for the $ 7000 grant if i own a flat in the uk?

It depends on which State you purchase in Steve.

If you were to purchase here in WA then the fact you own a flat in the UK.......... Timbuktu .................. or wherever ............ is irrelevant?

Here are some guidelines and answers to FAQ as put out by The Commissioner of State Revenue FAQ - General Information

1. What is the purpose of the First Home Owner Grant?

The Grant is to assist eligible first home buyers to offset the impact of the GST on house prices.

2. When will the scheme commence?

1 July 2000

3. When will the scheme end?

There is no anticipated end date at this stage.

4. What is the definition of a home?

A home is a building, affixed to the land that may lawfully be used as a place of residence.

5. What type of dwelling qualifies for the Grant?

The dwelling must be -

situated in Western Australia;

used as principal place of residence;

designed for habitation and meet local authority standards;

a newly constructed or established house including a townhouse, villa, unit etc; and

lawfully used as a place of residence.

6. Would the Grant apply to renovations to an existing building?

No. Renovations of any kind do not qualify for the Grant.

7. How much is the Grant?

$7000 or the consideration paid to buy or build the house if less than $7000. For example, if you buy or build a house for $5000 your Grant will be for that amount.

8. What is the definition of consideration?

The term consideration may be defined according to the following :

For the purchase of a home, it refers to the amount paid for the transaction.

For a comprehensive home building contract, it refers to the total amount paid for the building work.

For an owner-builder, it refers to the actual costs to the owner, not including costs for the builder’s own labour.

9. Who is eligible for the Grant?

To be eligible for the FHOG, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:

An applicant must purchase the home as a natural person, (eg. not a company) and be 18 years and over at the commencement of the eligible transaction (ie. at the date the contract is made).

At least one applicant must be an Australian citizen or a Permanent Resident at the commencement of the eligible transaction (ie. at the date the contract is made).

Applicants and/or their spouse cannot have previously received the FHOG from any jurisdiction in Australia.

Applicants and/or their spouse cannot have previously owned a home anywhere in Australia prior to 1 July 2000.

Applicants and/or their spouse cannot have previously owned a home anywhere in Australia after 1 July 2000 and occupied that home before 30 June 2004.

Applicants and/or their spouse cannot have previously owned a home anywhere in Australia after 1 July 2000 and occupied that home for a period of not more than 6 continuous months commencing after 30 June 2004.

Applicants must occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of 6 months commencing within 12 months of settlement in the case of established properties, or within 12 months of completion in the case of a home being built.

Applicants must hold a relevant interest (ownership) in the land on which the home is situated.

The applicant must enter into a contract to buy or build (or in case of an owner builder commence construction) on or after 1 July 2000.

10. If people buy a house together and neither has owned a house before, can they get more than one grant?

No. Only one Grant is payable for the same eligible transaction. This means that where two or more persons jointly purchase or build their first home in which they will all reside as their principal place of residence, only one Grant will be paid.

11. If I receive the Grant, will it affect my eligibility for other home grants or assistance?

No. You may still be eligible for other grants. These include:

Keystart First Home Buyer Scheme;

Aboriginal Home Ownership Scheme;

Access Home Loan Scheme;

Goodstart Scheme;

Right to Buy Scheme;

Home Buyers Assistance Fund; (Link to REBA website for more information)

Stamp Duty rebate for a first home owner.

12. Will my/our income affect the Grant?

No. The Grant is not means tested and your income will not be taken into account when your application is assessed.

13. Will the value of my new home affect my eligibility?

No. There is no valuation ceiling on either the home you purchase or build.

14. If I run a business from home, will I be eligible for the Grant?

Yes, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.

15. I purchased my first home without a loan after 1 July 2000 and intend to live in it. Will I be eligible for the Grant?

Yes, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. The Grant is not means tested and is not conditional upon receiving finance.

16. What happens when my circumstances change?

You must advise the Commissioner in writing within 30 days of the expiration of the 12 month residency period or the date it becomes apparent you will not be able to fulfil the requirement, whichever is the earlier. The Commissioner will determine if you are required to repay the grant.

Failure to advise the Commissioner in writing will result in the applicant being required to repay the grant with penalties and also being ineligible for a future grant.

17. How will the Government know if I have owned a house before, signed a contract, or made any declarations that are not true?

The Commissioner of State Revenue has the authority to commence investigations on any applications for the Grant.

You will find plumbing slightly different over here.............. but nothing you won't be able to get your head around. I was a plumber prior to becoming a real estate agent 10 years ago.

Guest BRAMBLE

Hello Peter, could you tell me if it is possible to book a rental from the UK proving you scan and send docs and pay upfront etc. Many thanks, sarah.

Guest billy braveheart

Peter Vinci

But you do need FIRB approval if you are on a 457 visa

billy

Hello Peter, could you tell me if it is possible to book a rental from the UK proving you scan and send docs and pay upfront etc. Many thanks, sarah.

You could rent sight unseen from the UK............. but it would be most unwise. Even with Google Earth nowadays.............. that won't paint a picture as to what the neighbourhood is like?

Let's say for example you saw a property advertised in Craigie........... the rent is magic....... well in your price range.......... schools are nearby. A quick look on Google Earth depicts that all is fine and dandy. When you come out here you pick up the keys ............. only to find your new rental property is plonked right next door to the biggest sewage treatment plant in the southern hemisphere............... and you are locked into a 12 month lease:nah:

Best plan would be to pop over here for a looksee first.............. maybe stay for a couple of weeks in a holiday let which is fully furnished........... just until you get your bearings. Then you need to decide are you going to opt north or south of the river........ if you opt to go south I'm sure Peter from the Professionals at Freo will look after you well. Should you opt to head north............... give me a bell and I can point you in the right direction.

Have you worked out what your ceiling level is rent-wise per week............... do you need schools (very important).................. and roughly what is the commute likely to be to work time-wise? Very important too as you do not want to get caught up in the Mitchell Freeway car park.

Bobcat is so right with his advice,i also dont recommend renting without having someone you know and trust to inspect the property first,ive seen and heard too many horror storys!! many houses i have seen look so much better on the internet than they are in real life.

Cal x

Guest stevebison2000

thanks for all the info.

much appriciated.

we want to buy quite soon after we arrive its a pitty prices have increase so much in the last year or two.

how much are plumbers making out there. any plumbing jobs in the mines?

Hi all

Mnay thanks for all the advice from Peter & Bobcat. We are heading out to Perth in a few weeks and will be looking to rent to begin with. We will be looking South of the River & all your tips will help us.

Mandy x

Archived