457-sending back family

Hello to all, I would like to ask your opinion on my situation. After a year now on 457 with the family in Oz, financial side has been a struggle, barely making from salary to salary. I am deciding to send my family back to our country soon, kids also struggling to keep up with the school.

Not thinking to lodge PR yet, but would the children be entitled to be included even i send them back home should I decide later on to get PR?

I also got them a small car via a loan on a car dealer, but since no one would be using it when they go, can i just return that to the dealer as I am only paying it weekly for the next 2 years more? I have not spoken with the dealer yet.

I pity to see the family not really enjoying the life I thought they can have when I brought them to live here.

Thanks for your help.

Guest guest36187

My thoughts ...as a layman....

If your wife and kids are living here, I don't know they would be included.

Re....car loan....you'd have to talk to your dealer.

The kids.....you'd have to give your wife "permission" to take the kids back to uk. She cannot just remove them and go back.

Pr......is it possible in your line of work to get it now? Will your work sponsor you?

Dear fruity sunshine, he will defo have to give his written permission, the children may be citizens of another country, but require permission of both parents to travel to any country with one parent alone for a period longer than one month (other rules apply but this is the jist of it) the hague convention is a lovely law and either immigration dep on departure or arrival could stop the parent travelling with the children, (in case dad shouts abduction)

Guest guest36187

Anything regarding kids and emigrating can be very complex, always best to get professional advice. Case recently in papers here, italian father, QLD mum.......mum removed kids (allegedly) without permission and has to now give them back! cases going through court right now!

Thanks guys, it was a decision both I and wife agreed to do; wife will also travel back with the children, meaning, i will be left alone to remain in Oz to work. It was good though we did not decide last year before moving to Oz to sell our house back home(in case like this). PR is something i am a bit reserve especially regarding the Super which i've read becomes blocked/non-withdrawable until you get on the pension age; was thinking 457 renewal when expiry comes.

I have to check their PR qualif just in case I decide otherwise. Ta

Guest guest36187

Its a very tough thing to be seperated and I wish you so much luck. Do make sure that you dot all the I`s and cross the T`s in regard to the kids. Talk to one of the agents on here. Most of them give a free initial consultation...

Ah. I see. We are all travelling back to the UK together and DH will then fly back here to Australia so I guess that is a bit different.

Such a shame Ports3 that you have to do this if you would prefer not to..

Very worrying reading posts like these for us newbies about to come out on 457 visas. I am at the same stage you were at back in Feb, re all excited, wondering what to pack, worry about the flight etc. I could to tell you were so looking forward to the move. Everyone tells you how expensive it is but i dont suppose its until you get there you fully realise. I think i need to put a few more back up plans in place:confused:. Wishing you well

Thank you fifi69.

We are really disappointed that we have to return so soon but we are not prepared to sacrifice our financial stability OR sell our property in the UK to allow us to live out here. We spent days forecasting, going round in circles, discussing the ins and outs and considered all the other factors and it is the best thing for our family to return. We have enjoyed discovering part of another country and if we want to we can always come out and holiday here but our family's future is in the UK and that is where we need to be based. DH will continue to work out here for quite a few months yet as he enjoys his job and has contractual obligations but we are used to being apart for long periods of time due to the nature of his industry so it doesn't phase me, especially as I have just spent several months out here with him away and I have been on my own with the children and zero support network - I am going back a stronger person with a clearer vision of what I want for my life.

Very worrying reading posts like these for us newbies about to come out on 457 visas. I am at the same stage you were at back in Feb, re all excited, wondering what to pack, worry about the flight etc. I could to tell you were so looking forward to the move. Everyone tells you how expensive it is but i dont suppose its until you get there you fully realise. I think i need to put a few more back up plans in place:confused:. Wishing you well

Fruity, we are almost same situation. My wife and I did not come to this agreement easily, as we have learned to loved Oz, but there are other matters that are more important especially our future. Regards to your family as well and best of luck. I will also be staying here in Oz to continue working and returning back to family during vacation slots. Thanks to all as well.

Fruity, we are almost same situation. My wife and I did not come to this agreement easily, as we have learned to loved Oz, but there are other matters that are more important especially our future. Regards to your family as well and best of luck. I will also be staying here in Oz to continue working and returning back to family during vacation slots. Thanks to all as well.

I'm just curious OP but what is the long term plan. And won't it be more expensive to maintain two homes not one?

Regarding the car situation, In Ireland & possibly in Oz if 50% of the loan repayments have been made then the car can be returned to the HP company without any penalities or credit history issues.

Archived