confusion over APRHA and ANMAC :(

Hi im a newly qualified nurse looking to work as a nurse in Australia (hopefully Queensland). I currently have my working holiday visa.

I know this will have been asked and I do apoligise, but where do I start?

Do I have to apply for ANMAC? and do I have to do a IELTS test?

Also is it worth applying for APHRA or ANMAC first?

Any help will be much appreciatated as I am so stressed out!

Laura

You need your anmc skills assessment if you plan on going for a pr visa. You need your ielts for this. If not you only need your ahpra registration. If you were to go for a pr visa and you apply to anmc you can request your skill assessment documentation gets sent onto ahpra once approved which will save you time and money. Good luck!

Depends on the visa you are planning to apply for. If it`s 457 ( temporary work visa), you don`t need ANMAC assessment. You`ll need the AHPRA though. If you were educated in English you`ll just need to provide statement that you were taught in English and you won`t have to do IELTS.

Now, for permanent residency visa: you`ll need ANMAC assessment ( for which you`ll need IELTS), AND AHPRA. These visas are the 175 and 176. If you`re planning to stay in Australia you`ll benefit more from being a permanent resident ( medicare and school fees for example).

Hi im a newly qualified nurse looking to work as a nurse in Australia (hopefully Queensland). I currently have my working holiday visa.

I know this will have been asked and I do apoligise, but where do I start?

Do I have to apply for ANMAC? and do I have to do a IELTS test?

Also is it worth applying for APHRA or ANMAC first?

Any help will be much appreciatated as I am so stressed out!

Laura

In Australia newly qualified nurses work for a year through a graduate programme which they have to apply for. Have you researched the graduate programmes?

You only need APHRA for WHV but a years experience would serve you really well before coming over if at all possible? :biggrin: What branch of nursing did you qualify in?

Archived