Quick question re:Healtcare visa requirements

cronemeister

Hi

I'm going to be applying for my 457 in the next week or two, but have been trying to sign up for some basic healthcare cover for the application.

I've looked on Medibank and IMAN, and both seem to want payment straight away, even though I'm not likely to be in Oz for around 3 months.

Does anyone know where, or how I can get sign up for some basic cover for the purposes of my application and post date the date of my cover starting to say 1st August so that I'm not paying for it before I get there?

Thanks.

Hi

I got mine through BUPA. Speak to them, you will have to pay now, but they will 'activate' your healthcare only when you arrive in Aus, so you're not paying for months whilst you're still in UK.

Thanks for the speedy response.

If for some reason my visa application is refused, can you claim back any monies you have paid up front to get set up do you know ? Or would I just have to write this off ?

Thanks.

Are you in the UK?

We just did the Go Walkabout 21 day emigration policy (which was sufficient for the 457 visa to be granted) and registered for reciprocal Medicare when we got here. We gave them the rough date and they changed it (for free) when we had a flying date.

Unless you particularly want private health cover of course.

Hi Paul,

I did the iMan insurance. There was a way of getting a certificate ( I think it cost about £40 that covered us getting the visa they froze the policy I think and then we just had to pay one months cover as we came out.

I cancelled it then and found my own insurance company :)

Archived