Tiling in Perth

BeeBee

Can anyone help me, my husband is a self employed tiler in England and we are looking to move to Perth.

Is there plenty of work for tilers and due to the fact it is difficult to get this type of work without being in the country, would it be easy to find work once we arrive.

Any help/advise would be grateful.

thank you

Guest jonescl35

There is a lot of building work going on in Perth, so I would think it would be easy. You can also look at starting own buisness if you have been running here successfully for some time. I cant remember any of the developer names, maybe try looking at new homes around Perth as if you were going to buy one and then contact seller and get contacts of companies who have the contracts. Good Luck

my bro is a tiler in Queensland so I cant comment on Perth. However his work is very up and down. He can go weeks working 6 days a week and then some days only a few days a week. He makes enough to pay his rent and support a family of four. At the moment he has lots of work due to the floods.

To set up your own business you need a licence etc it takes a bit of money and a bit of time. He has been tilling for years now but working for others and contracts for developers. Good luck with it.

Archived