Baggage Allowance Woes

I just spoke to Malaysia Airlines and learnt the astronomical cost of paying excess baggage, so going overweight is NOT an option! My shipping boxes arrived this morning. And now looking at my room and my case and all my belongings, I have sinking feeling! How on earth am I going to fit all in?? I have been downsizing for ages but still seem to have so much stuff.

I know I'm just having a momentary panic, so could do with some reassurance that it will ~all be ok~!! Packing seems like a mammoth task I would rather avoid for the time being!!

Hi

Check out

http://www.deliveryquotecompare.com/

air freight. I belive it's pretty reasonable and very quick.

Do you have to go with Malaysia Airlines? If you book through IOM it's so much cheaper as they have SLAs with airlines like Emirates. For 4 of us- 3 seats and 1 baby with extra baggage and able to take 2 buggies, two car seats, travel cot etc on the plane it came to £1800!

if you open a bank account with ANZ prior to booking flights, the ANZ give you a code to use for 50kg each when flying with Emirates, thats an extra 20kg on top of the normal allowance. You need to send copies to emirates of passports and visa and they forward you an email back. Simple and well worth it.

We managed to emigrate with the usual 20kg each without any problems. Just came with some clothes and bought everything brand new when we got here. I've still got some crockery and other stuff waiting at my dad's to be shipped over and we've been here nearly 4 years!

• 1 month later...

Archived