Under new migration rules can a nurse who is over 40 still migrate?

cazann100

Hi

I am new here and hope I have posted this in the right thread????

I am currently due to undertake an undergrad nursing course and hope to migrate to australia in the near future. I just wondered whether anyone knew how the process now works with regards to gaining PR as a nurse if you are over 40?

Once I have completed the training and undertaken the required 3 years post reg experience I will be 40yrs old. I have tried filling in the points test based on this info and I fall short by 10 points due to being over 39:cry:

Does this mean that I cannot gain pr at all or can I still come in under a temporary visa and then try to get pr as you could under the old rules?

Also I have heard that there are some states which will take nurses with only 2yrs post reg experience, which would make me under 40 and therefore eligible for pr visa, has anyone heard of this? If so do you know which states these may be?

Apologies for all the q's just v confused about the new rules

Thanks in advance for any info

Hi if you go on diacs web site and look at skills select and points test you will be able to see how you could meet it - if you need points for post qualifying years of experience and are unlikely to get them within your time frame then you could always consider an employer sponsored route!!!!

Archived