Zimbabweans where are you?

Guest sonofthesoil71

Guest sonofthesoil71

Hi guys

Just calling on all Zimbabweans (from UK) who have settled down under to give us your experiences and advice on living in Australia. I haven't heard anyone of you complaining, so I suppose it's all roses. I am mental health nurse with 4 years experience in the process of making the biggest decision of my life and currently lives in UK. Your information will go a long way in helping other Zimbaz make informed decisions. Come on guys talk to us. Areas of interest: Cost of living, good schools and places to live, quality of life etc etc.

icon12.png

sonofthesoil71

hellllooooo...... Zim-pom-aussie here lol

We have nothing to complain about here... suppose once u experience Zim... survive the uk winters... this is as close as you are getting to somewhere u can call home :biggrin: To get an idea of where is best to live etc you need to see what others have to say about the state they live in.. we settled well in Perh.... very much like Harare.. without the burgalar bars and fences lol

• 1 month later...

Hi all!! Another Zim-Pom (and hopefully Aussie) here!

I can't really comment on life in Oz as we aren't there yet (fingers crossed though) but I just wanted to say hi!

realitynotincluded, I'm glad to hear that you like Perth as that is our intended destination. I was born and brought up in Hwange and Bulawayo so hopefully Perth will feel slighty familiar. :smile:

I am a Zim Pom too but from a long while ago also lived in Wanke and Bulawayo, went to high school in Bulawayo and then move north of the border and went to school in Lusaka.

My brother is a zim he was born in Wanke/Hwange

Lots of South African people living in Aus these days, a lot are farming up in Queensland around Perth.

Generally its fine people probably fit in better if they have been in Africa as there are similarities.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...
7 hours ago, Rutendo said:

How do you guys manage to go there 

The last post on this thread was over 6 years ago so it is highly possible none of the above are still on this forum.

However, they would have managed to get here by being granted a visa - most likely a skilled work visa for all of them.  You can find visa requirements here:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder