Never been but taking the big jump

Guest Anotherpom

Guest Anotherpom

Hello everyone, Like many me and my girlfriend are looking to make the big step and try living in Australia. We have never been before but plan on visiting for 4 weeks in December. Then if we like moving back out shortly after. This may sound a bit quick but we are both get up and go people so its definitely worth a try. I was hoping some of you may be kind enough to advise us where to go.

If i tell you a little about us it may help you to help us a little more.

My girlfriend is a mental health nurse and i am a telephone/data engineer with electrical qualifications. My girlfriend wishes to pursue her career in mental health. I on the other hand will work doing anything! I do not mind a complete job swap. I can put my hand to most trades and happy to give anything a try.

We both love the outdoors and are wanting to try and avoid mainstream city life. The dream life would be to live near a quite beach with scenic surroundings. Obviously we know this is prob not possible until we setting in for a few years.

I have wrote this out a few times and it gets too long, so keeping it short i hope you can give us a rough idea.

Thank You

Guest SandP

You may want to first visit the SOl list of occupation swanted in which state/territory to see where mental health nurse comes. That will usually dictate where you settle at least initially.

Hi and welcome to PIO.

Have a read of the immigration website to see what visa/s you qualify for and take it from there. Or you could ring and agent such as Visa Bureau or Go Matilda who will tell you what options are open to you and probably a rough waiting time as some visa can take quite a while to process.

Good Luck with everything and feel free to fire away on here with questions,,

Cal x

Archived