benign ms

Guest goodbye scotland

Guest goodbye scotland

hi me and my partner are about too apply for 457 visa but iam a bit worried about health requirements i have benign ms will this stop us getting a visa,i have no ms symptoms as its the benign ms and require no medication for this,i was diagnosed 9 years ago and have received prednisolone treatment 3 times in that 9 years last treatment was 5 years ago now, could anyone help with this thanks

DIAC assess each person's medical issues individually so it would be hard to give any definitive answer to your question. I worked with a chap (sponsored on 457) whose wife had MS and they were awarded the 457, but when they applied for PR were knocked back on her health grounds. That doesnt mean to say though that you would be assessed similarly. Good Luck!

Hopefully someone will come along who knows more. Obviously the best thing would be to contact an immigration agent.

But from what I remember reading, they work out the cost to the system. If you don't require much medication then I would think it wouldn't be a problem. I have seen a lot of people pass through here and obtain visas with conditions that would seem more "difficult" to manage.

Hope you get some answers soon. x

Archived