ANMAC determination letter question

Maruska

Hi,

my husband submitted his skills assessment to ANMAC. He has slightly over 10 years of experience. He sent employment statements and 1 reference ( from his current employer). His previous employer is not allowed to give out references and sent and email explaining why not to us which we forwarded to ANMAC. ANMAC says that he will not be credited the points for experience if he doesn`t have references exactly as required by ANMAC ( he has references from the past which are in a different format and unable to get more since the people who gave them no longer work there).

My question is: does ANMAC allocate the points for experience? Is it stated on the determination letter? How does the letter look like and how much info does it give?

If they only acknowledge the last 5 years, we are 5 points short :(. ( for 175 visa). Are we eligible to apply for state sponsorship even though we only have 60 points at this time? ( to get the extra 5 points)

Also, I looked at the booklet again, his IELTS is 8 overall but 7.5 in listening, does it mean he can`t claim 20 points for English?

:arghh:

confused, all advice will be greatly appreciated

The best thing you can do is run your case past a registered migratoin agent.

The DIAC determin how much points you get for experiance - the points advisor letter is just that advice, and ANMAC are not the ones that issue the points. The DIAC ofter ask for Payslips, bank statements and tax returns as well as references, and can also contact past employers to determin how much points to give for work experiance.

You need 8's in all 4 components in IELTS to get 20 points.

Thank you for the reply. It will be easy to prove work in the States ( bank statements), but before that we lived in Saudi Arabia and we cancelled our account as we left the country. :confused: It`s so difficult to get anything after 7 years, most of the people we knew went elsewhere.

Perhaps resitting the IELTS General may give you the extra points that you need or applying for SS, if it is difficult to provide evidence of work experiance.

Yes, that`s an idea. For DIAC he can actually do the general, not the academic IELTS right? Or the SS. We thought about "partner skills" but that would mean another 800 $ for ANMAC:wacko:.

Yes General for DIAC. Resitting the IELTS or SS will be faster and easier than ANMAC for partners skills. IELTS will give more points but SS will give you faster processing but you may have to wait a while to get your SS and if you are trying to get your application in before 1 July you may struggle to get it through in time.

Yes General for DIAC. Resitting the IELTS or SS will be faster and easier than ANMAC for partners skills. IELTS will give more points but SS will give you faster processing but you may have to wait a while to get your SS and if you are trying to get your application in before 1 July you may struggle to get it through in time.

Would you know which state has the fastest processing time for SS? I have the impression about reading that WA is pretty quick. Under the new Skillselect, I know that you can tick a box on the application if interested in SS ( all states). Would we be eligible to lodge the visa with our 60 points and wait till we get a SS? ( may be a wishful thinking but I think with both of us being nurses we have pretty good chance?). Or we definitelly have to have the 65 points to even lodge the application?

You need the 65 points to be able to lodge your application, therefore you would need the state sponsorship in place before you lodge and also you need your skills assessment to get State sponsorship.

WA is the quickest but with the changes and the amount of applicants they have been getting the have lbeen taking upto 6 weeks to process applications.

As I said speak to a RMA they may be able to give more information how to provide evidence for your work experiance for the 8 years required fo the full points.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amazon12

I ran into a problem getting employment references as required by ANMAC in the State of California. My facility has a policy that prohibits Nursing Managers from issuing such letter to employees. This is because of some legal issues that have to do with a possibility of litigation. On the DIAC site is says - "Your relevant Assessing Authority which undertook your skills assessment may also provide an opinion on your skilled employment experience. The department will consider the Assessing Authority’s opinion when awarding points."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/points-work-experience-study.htm

So, as I understand, employment references assessment is not mandatory and it's possible to claim points for experience without it.

Guest Amazon12
Perhaps resitting the IELTS General may give you the extra points that you need or applying for SS, if it is difficult to provide evidence of work experiance.

The right way to get assessment from ANMAC is to get your Australian nursing license first. Then you can apply for a modified skills assessment with ANMAC which is faster and cheaper.

The right way to get assessment from ANMAC is to get your Australian nursing license first. Then you can apply for a modified skills assessment with ANMAC which is faster and cheaper.

Thanks a lot! We went this way basically because we`re trying to lodge visa ASAP and AHPRA seems to have much longer waiting time ( plus I am sure they will request million extra documents :( ) . We just want to get the visa started:biggrin:

Archived