Budget 2012: Targeted migration increase to fill skills gaps - Immi Minister's Press Release

Alan Collett

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb186408.htm

(Extract)

The Federal Government today announced a targeted increase to the 2012–13 migration program, providing additional places to help fill skills shortages in parts of the Australian economy.

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship Chris Bowen MP said the planned migration program in the 2012–13 Budget would provide support to the growth regions and sectors of Australia's economy struggling to meet acute skills shortages.

'The measured increase of 5000 places—from 185 000 to 190 000—comes in the context of significant skills gaps in both the short and medium term in certain sectors of our patchwork economy,' Mr Bowen said.

The 2012–13 migration program includes a skill stream of 129 250 places, 60 185 family places and a special eligibility stream of 565 places.

Best regards.

Guest The Conroys

Hi Alan

If only my husband could get through the IELTS then we could apply for a 176 - Aaarghh 2nd one failed on Saturday

6.5 6.5 6.5 8.5 needs 7's so frustrating.

Terri

Alan

Would there be a detailed breakup of what numbers each visa class or type is allocated. Meaning breakup of how many places for each visa type under the skilled stream.

Regards,

Rahul

Not yet available, Rahul.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

If only my husband could get through the IELTS then we could apply for a 176 - Aaarghh 2nd one failed on Saturday

6.5 6.5 6.5 8.5 needs 7's so frustrating.

Terri

Hi Terri.

Is your husband working with an IELTS tutor to help him practice and get over the line?

Send me a PM or an email if you'd like the name and contact details of the people we recommend to Go Matilda clients.

Best regards.

Guest The Conroys
Hi Terri.

Is your husband working with an IELTS tutor to help him practice and get over the line?

Send me a PM or an email if you'd like the name and contact details of the people we recommend to Go Matilda clients.

Best regards.

Alan, I think I mailed him this morning the gentlemans name is Peter so hopefully he can help, was thinking of using Go Matilda for Visa once we have got past the IELTS stage. Its so difficult for tradies that have not put pen to paper nuch over the last twenty years.

Terri

Archived