Purchasing jobs in Perth

Jambos

We are moving to Perth around dec-12 / Jan-13. I am a Senior Buyer and would like to understand what opportunities there are in Perth. Any assistance in terms of agencies jobs, companies I could send my cv to would be much appreciated. All comments welcome!:smile:

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - we are not in Perth, but QLD - Hub was a Purchasing Manager in UK - now working as Procurement Manager after a bit of shuffling around to get foot in door in Australia. Initially found that despite having 20 years of experience in Procurement in UK, this was not regarded as highly as having some Australian experience - so dropped down a few grades and was quickly promoted over first 9 months.

When you're looking for jobs in Australia, they are either classed as Procurement and some companies refer to it as Logisitics or Supply Chain - Most jobs Opportunities are in Resources or Mining - and virtually all are dealt with via Agencies. Opportunities are available to view online via Seek, Robert Walters, Vertical Talent - often tho they won't specify salaries until you are in discussion with them. The Ads don't tend to give you a clue who the company that is recruiting is!

Hub is of the opinion that there are more opportunities for Purchasing in Perth - so Good Luck with the hunt !

I was looking the other day - perhaps you could try retailchoice or successappointments - these are mostly for retail buyers but you never know what you might find.

You didn't state if you were a retail buyer or not.

Good luck x

I was looking the other day - perhaps you could try retailchoice or successappointments - these are mostly for retail buyers but you never know what you might find.

You didn't state if you were a retail buyer or not.

Good luck x

Thanks Gooch0 and rahrah appreciate your thoughts

Archived