Gold Coast Airport

fossda

Hiya

We are flying out of Gold Coast airport on 20th June back to Melbourne and need to drop off our hire car at the airport. When I'm looking at the car drop off locations - some say Coolangatta and some say Gold Coast Airport. Can anyone help and tell me are they totally separate or one and the same ?? Our flight itinerary just says Gold Coast Airport.

Many thanks to anyone who can help

Rachel

Hiya

We are flying out of Gold Coast airport on 20th June back to Melbourne and need to drop off our hire car at the airport. When I'm looking at the car drop off locations - some say Coolangatta and some say Gold Coast Airport. Can anyone help and tell me are they totally separate or one and the same ?? Our flight itinerary just says Gold Coast Airport.

Many thanks to anyone who can help

Rachel

They are the same aerodrome.......in the "old days" airports were always named after the closest town.....in this case Coolangatta.....but after lobbying by the Gold Coast City Council the name was changed to Gold Coast.....same thing happened to Maroochydore Airport.......it is now called "Sunshine Coast".

You here yet Fossda?

JOHN

Hiya John

Hows things ?

Not there yet unfortunately - coming on a reccie trip to validate in June. Cant wait ! Few days in Dubai then on to Melbourne to see friends and then a road trip up through country Vic and NSW, quick stop in Sydney then up to Sunshine Coast for a few days and GC for a few days. We're staying at Sails Lifestyle Resort on SC. Am I right in thinking thats near you ??? Was going to PM you anyway about seeing if you fancy meeting up for a drink while we are there. Let me know.

Hope Lisa is well too

Rachel x

Archived