Filling 176 visa app online

CROWDED HOUSE

Started filling in the online application form for 176 visa (just waiting for daughters' passports to come through so we can complete it) but it asks to list dependent mother, father, brothers, sisters etc even if they are not migrating. I thought by dependent it meant people that are dependent on you (which they arent) so why do i need to include their info?! Me and my partner aren't married and it doesnt give me an option to add her ..unless this comes later in the app ?

There is 3 parts

Dependents

Non-migrating dependends (i.e. children that are no coing to Australia)

Other family members - you should put both yours and your partners other family members in this part. See q68 on form 1276 it explains better.

I read somewhere that you have to get medicals for non migrating dependents - is that correct?

I read somewhere that you have to get medicals for non migrating dependents - is that correct?

Yes - usually non-migration dependends are children - due to the medical waiver on children visas - if there is a chance a non-migrationg depended might migrate in the future there are required to get a medical.

I read it was due to people putting children with medical conditions as non-migrating then sponsoring them later for child visa.

Yes - usually non-migration dependends are children - due to the medical waiver on children visas - if there is a chance a non-migrationg depended might migrate in the future there are required to get a medical.

I read it was due to people putting children with medical conditions as non-migrating then sponsoring them later for child visa.

What if there is no chance of an ex letting you get medicals on the kids? No chance of them migrating unless they do so off their own back once they are 18?

What if there is no chance of an ex letting you get medicals on the kids? No chance of them migrating unless they do so off their own back once they are 18?

Would be best to speak to an agent about this but - this can happen, it wouldnt be much of an issue. If you search the forum Im sure you will get other examples of the same thing and how to over come it.

Archived