Partner Visa 47SP

Anika

Hi,

I submitted my application for the partner visa at the beginning of March, my only contact so far with the High Comission in London was an e-mail from my case worker to inform me that I would need to undergo a medical and submit a police clearance certificate. I had my medical at the end of March and my police clearance certificate was received by the Embassy nearly 2 weeks ago. So far I have heard nothing from the Embassy and was wondering if this is normal, does this mean my visa will be granted in the not too distant future or is it normal for the Embassy not to get in touch for a while and then suddenly demand more evidence/call you for an interview?

My husband and I are hoping to fly back at the end of September, I know that the visa process time can be up to 5 months I was just hoping that someone might be able to put my mind at ease because I'm not a fan of waiting and not knowing what's going on :-)

Thanks

This is absolutely normal and if they want anything else they will ask for it. It probably means that you won't hear anything until your visa is granted. This is nothing to worry about at all. but yes, I like to know what's going on and it drove me crazy too so I do sympathise!

Good luck!

Hi,

Yes it's quite normal not to hear anything I'm afraid! I was getting a little worried as other applicants were saying on their time lines that they had an email confirming from their CO that no other information was required. As I hadn't heard anything I sent my CO a short email asking her to confirm that she had all the information needed from me. She replied a couple of days later to say that no further info was needed.

Might be worth you doing the same just to put your mind at rest.

x

Thanks :-) I did e-mail my case worker a couple of days after posting my Police clearance certificate but so far she hasn't responded so I've taken that to mean that I'm not required to send any further documentation. I'm just really impatient and my husband and I want to book our flight :-)

Just been told that my Visa won't be finalised until mid-August, which fits within the 5-6 month processing time but the optimist in me was hoping that it would come through sooner. On the plus side the Embassy have said they don't require me to send them any more documents/evidence. Still means we won't be leaving at the end of September as hoped, part of me wants to book my flight anyway but the sensible half of me is telling me to wait incase the visa gets rejected (touch wood this does not happen)

Don;t forget that they only issue a specific number of visas per year so once the quota is full you effectively go on a waiting list until the next year. We submitted in June so probably got to the top of the list from July and got the visa in 6 weeks. However, I understand that its taking a lot longer anyway now.

According to the Australian Immigration webpage partner visa's can't be capped, this only applies to Fiancee visas but as I'm already married it doesn't apply. It is taking longer than in previous years though, although 5-6 months is still not that bad.

Archived