Applying for SS WA, at least 60 points needed?

dredg97

There's a question I would like to ask...I checked the immi.wa website but I couldn't sort it out.

It seems that for applying for State Sponsorship you just need a CV, a positive skill assessment and the IELTS test results.

In my situation, being 37, with 8 years of experience and with a Bachelor degree in Engineering i get to 55 points.

My IELTS overall band 7.5 counts as a miserable 6 considering I got 7,5-9-6,5-7,5.

My question is, may I apply for a State Sponsorship (for 176 Visa) in order to be granted of 5 points or currently I can just apply for the 10 points for 475 visa?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Cheers.

From what you have posted it may be worth you re-sitting the IELTS.

The 475 visa only lets you work in Regional WA on a provisional visa - after 2 years living and 1 year working you can then apply for PR.

By re-sitting the IELTS, this will give you more options

1. with the 10 points you can apply for 175 visa and get your application in before 1 July

2. you can apply for 176 if you get state sponsorship

WA SS is taking 5-6 weeks currently and it is not known if WA are going to suspend applications due to the upcoming Skillselect.

Thanks for your reply, I got the answer to my question trying to apply for SS online.

At a certain point I am not allowed to proceed as they calculate I can reach only 60 points currently...so, as you correctly say, I could proceed only with a 475...which is for me a 'last resort'...

I won't resit the IELTS now, I have the chance to resit it on May 12th, but I've come to the decision to follow the Enquiry on Result procedure...

My writing will be re-examined and I hope it will be converted in a mark 7...I got it during my first attempt and I am confident I wrote, if not better, at least at the same level of the first time...

However, the process will take 6-8 weeks, that means I won't be able to get the SS by the 1st of July, and I'll be in the pool of Skill Select...

No one knows if 65 points will be fine for being invited to apply, i'll try to get the NAATI certification as well, possibly with 5 more points, getting to 70, I will be more competitive...

I'm a bit upset...I was so confident in 'four' 7 this time... 7,5-9,0-6,5-7,5....come on!!!!! :arghh:

Archived