Winter is 3 days early in Oz

skippy

Sunny NSW, 2 deg this morning one hour south of Sydney, spoke to a mate in Adelaide tonight, they have been having cool weather also, please don't bring the snow virus with you when you come, Ha Ha.

The days are a marvelous 19 deg C from about 9am to 4-30pm, real cuddle weather after dark & months of 40 deg and NO rain, a lot of people don't realise that Australia gets snow in certain areas, look at Australia's Snowy Mountains, on the border of NSW & Victoria, sometimes I wish I had gone to Queensland, Ha Ha.

Guest choobs
Sunny NSW, 2 deg this morning one hour south of Sydney, spoke to a mate in Adelaide tonight, they have been having cool weather also, please don't bring the snow virus with you when you come, Ha Ha.

The days are a marvelous 19 deg C from about 9am to 4-30pm, real cuddle weather after dark & months of 40 deg and NO rain, a lot of people don't realise that Australia gets snow in certain areas, look at Australia's Snowy Mountains, on the border of NSW & Victoria, sometimes I wish I had gone to Queensland, Ha Ha.

"Snowy Mountains"? :) I wish Britain would use the same kind of naming conventions. Then we could have "foggy valley", "rainy glen", "sleet hills", "miserable mountain" etc :)

Choobs

Good one choobs, I should have written after months of 40 deg this is a shock to the system, it's only 11 deg today and at last some rain.

I don't know how I survived over there, or how you lot do today, I live on the Liesure Coast, hows that sound, most people call it the Dole Coast, the kids would rather go down the beach than work, can't blame them.

Guest ABCDiamond

I'm sitting here in my study, after just coming in from the back garden where it is a pleasant 24°C, and I feel so cold inside here, yet the temp guage inside the house says 18°C.

Overnight it was down to 6.3°C at 05:30. That's about the same time every night, that it hits the coldest temperature in this area.

I agree with the winter hitting early though. We've been using our heating for the last few mornings.

Gday ABCDiamond, I been up your way a few times as our youngest son lived at Rochedale for a while, we were thinking about moving up that way when he came back to our area.

I fell in love with that area as we are into sailing & had visions of sailing around Straddy, I must admit that I had to buy a jacket as it turned really cold one day whilst there, but nice area, Manly Marina was my cup of tea.

Archived