How can i prove evidence of the fact that i have custody of my child????

twistbexter

Hi, we are just sifting through all the docs we`ll need to apply for our visa, at one point it asks for evidence to prove I have got custody of our child(no longer with his biological father) and also would we need to get a solicitor involved for the biological father to sign a document for him to consent to the migration of our child?

Guest Gwdunc

Hi there. We have just had to go through this ourselves. Unless you have a court order stating you have sole custody then you will need to get a Form 1229 filled in and signed by the biological father in front of a solicitor. We did ours last weekend and with the form printed from http://www.immi.gov.au/all-forms the solicitor only charged us a couple of pounds. This included a certified copy of his passport.

It is a pain but it is something you need to have done or you won't be able to get the child visa.

It may be best to speak to a Registered Migration Agent - as you can get many different answers for this. It depends when the child was born - if father on birth certificte - if father has parental rights. Some people have just filled in a form, others needed permission, others have gotten a letter from court stating the father has never claimed for parental rights, otheres have had to go to court.

On these matters it is best to get professional advice.

Archived