Casual work

Guest RichIwish

Guest RichIwish

Arrived in Canberra on my own with a sponsored visa about five months ago and not having much luck finding a job. Tried several agencies, Mycareer, Seek, Indeed, Canberra Times, contacted relevant businesses and even tried the local shops.

I am running out of ideas and money so wondering if anyone knows were I can go to find casual work so I can stay in Canberra longer.

Guest RichIwish

Thanks for replying. Randstad is not an agency I have heard so will give them a try as well as the vineyards.

What sort of work are you looking, as places such as Subway, Macca's, Aldi and others are generally looking for employees, it does take some time to get through the processes however as nothing seems to have any urgency around this town :) My son and his friend have been here for about the same timeframe and have secured jobs, in fact my son is on number two, so don't give up hope.

Guest RichIwish

Did try Coles and Woolworths, but you have to apply online then go back to the store with your resume and wait for them to get back to you. Forgot about Aldi's, but then my local Aldi's is tucked away in a corner.

Guest chiffonscarf
Arrived in Canberra on my own with a sponsored visa about five months ago and not having much luck finding a job. Tried several agencies, Mycareer, Seek, Indeed, Canberra Times, contacted relevant businesses and even tried the local shops.

I am running out of ideas and money so wondering if anyone knows were I can go to find casual work so I can stay in Canberra longer.

Hi, May we please know your profession or nominated occupation? Prior to your application, was your job included under the in demand list? Try Hays job site too. Wish you goodluck!

Guest RichIwish

Hi there, my profession is electronics and I think the occupation was on the list as Equipment Trades Engineer. Have tried Hays several times Although they are the biggest here, even checking now under Engineering they only have 19 jobs listed. Construction seems to be the big thing here at the moment.

Archived