Driving restrictions for newly passed drivers- QLD

vixxy666

Hi im moving to QLD in about 2 months and am currenlty getting through my driving test after 10 years of lessons on and off. I have 30 hours booked before my test. I have heard there are restrictions for new drivers in QLD what does this mean for me coming over as I would likely need to commute to get to a job so now very worried, Im 27 if this helps.

Any help would be much appreciated

Vicky

Guest Guest31881

At your age with a Full UK license I do not think you will have any restrictions in QLD, Must admit I am not 100% sure, hopefully someone will be able to tell you who has gone through the process. When I got my QLD license I do not even think they looked at the issue date.

My advise would be try and get that Full UK Licence asap - if you arrive with a full licence it can be converted to a QLD full licence without restriction (as far as I am aware but check in small print in link http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Visitors-and-new-residents/International-drivers.aspx)

As a QLD learner you have to have 100 hours practice driving with someone accompanying you prior to be able to take a test, then you have a probabtionary period as a 'P plater' but not sure if that is just for young drivers - check the link again - sure it will all be there !

Loads of luck!!

In Qld if you're under 25 you get a P1 license (Red P plate ) and over 25 a P2 (Green P plate).

Red plate drivers and are restricted on the performance of the car they can drive (although less than 210kw/280bhp, no turbo or V8 is hardly restrictive).

All P platers have extra regulations e.g. zero alcohol in bloodstream.

On a personal note P platers can be seen to do some amazingly bad driving, and in apparently very high powered cars.

Much easier to get your full license in the UK and avoid all the hassle.

Incidentally, I don't have to display a P plate on my boat, although it might be an idea! (Boat and Jetski accreditation goes on your driving license here).

Archived