Anybody else from Kent moving to Oz?

Guest Ange and Mark

Guest Ange and Mark

Hey

We are in first stage of getting skills assessed and it's going OK. I work in Marketing and Mark works for BT so is a 'linesman' in Oz. We are hoping to move to South Oz with our 3 boys. Would be great to keep in touch with other people going through the same stuff as we are cos it's a bit scary.

Ange and Mark 8)

We are at that stage too. My wife is a teacher and I'm an Estate Agent so we are hoping to get in under her qualifications. We plan to be in the Gold coast by next August. Our application is just being checked by ASA before it is formally submitted.

Guest Ange and Mark

Have friends on the Gold Coast at the moment but we think it will be too humid for us. Would really like to put our boys in touch with others their age - they are 16, 15 and 9, so if anyone has boys or girls of a similar age they can talk to that would be great cos obviously it's a huge move for them.

Ange and Mark

Guest Beki

Hello and Welcome Ange and Mark,

Good luck with the skills assessment! This is a great site for info, chat and therapy should you need anyhting on those lines. Lots of positive encouragement. Oh and a good old giggle once in a while too!

TTFN Beki :D

Guest Missiemo
Have friends on the Gold Coast at the moment but we think it will be too humid for us. Would really like to put our boys in touch with others their age - they are 16, 15 and 9, so if anyone has boys or girls of a similar age they can talk to that would be great cos obviously it's a huge move for them.

Ange and Mark

Hi Ange and Mark

We are off to Melbourne in three weeks, we have three daughters ages, eleven, nine and two and a half, they are excited but also nervous.

Where would you like to head, my girls are always up for a chat.

Take Care

Missiemo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Puffy

Hi Ange and Mark, I am from Dartford (Originally from Sevenoaks though) and I am moving to Perth at end of August.

Going on a Prospective marriage visa and the wedding is booked for April 7th! So excited but nervous too.

Guest lilac

Hello Ange and Mark

We are heading for Perth and we live in Bexleyheath, so not too far from you.

lilac

Guest lilac

Whoops sorry I just realised don't know where in kent you are. In actual fact we are not to far from Puffy.

lilac

Guest Puffy

ohh Thats cool, going to Perth and live very near me! You got a job lined up? Where you going to live?

I'm going to move in with my fiancee when I get there, then we're going to rent a place out short term as soon as I get myself a job. SHe currently lives with her mum so would like to get a job ASAP.

Puffy

Guest denise milligan

Hi Ange and Mark

We are not quite Kent, we are based in East Sussex and hope to be on a plane by end of Aug so fingers crossed. My hubby is a plasterer so we going the sponsorship route. Lots of redtape but we are getting there, only problem we seem to be having is the house is taking some time to sell.

Keep in touch, always great to hear when fellow PomsInOz make it through.

Oh, forgot to mention, we are heading to WA, Bunbury/Dunsborough way.

Dee and Drew

Guest stevenglish

Hiya

We're from Ashford in Kent. Going for sponsorship and it's so close I can almost taste it. We'll be off to Sydney in August/September if all goes well.

All the very best to you

Steve & Sandra

Guest lindy_thom

Hi,

Just moved from Hextable and now living in Queesnland. Best move I think I've ever made!

When are you coming over and whereabouts are you moving to?

Linda x

Guest Ange and Mark

Hi

Thanks for all your positive and encouraging responses. Mark's TMA is nearly complete (what a pain!) and will be filed by end of month. Our three boys are now seriously up for moving so we hope things won't drag on for too long. We are looking at Adelaide or Melbourne (suburbs). Still waking up at night (guess I need to get used to this) thinking 'what am I doing' but it still feels right.

Ange n Mark

8)

Hi Dud here and yes we are also from Ashford and moving to rural Brisbane in November 06. My wife ( or she will be on July 7th ) Aly and I are going out 1st week of August to search for a property and view the rural areas, and plan to move at the end of November, well we want xmas in the sun, why not!

I have gone through the TRA skills assessment and received a positive result within 4 weeks! We have submitted our DIMIA application now and have been advised by our Migration Consultant we should receive our visa well before we plan to go. CANT WAIT.

Today is my 1st visit to this site so am searching to see what it is all about and hopefully pick up some useful info.

Good luck to everyone, speak soon.

DUD & ALY

Guest scoop

Welcome to Poms Dud and Aly :D

Good luck with your big day and all your future plans

Regards

SCoop

x

Guest lilac

Welcome Dud and Aly

we are 136 modl skilled independant

Hoping for Perth