New to darwin

Guest Missmaisie

Guest Missmaisie

Hi I recently moved to Darwin from the uk. Would love to catch up with others and see how they are finding it. I don't have any kids. I am loving he start of the dry season no more frizzy hair! I heard so many bad things about Darwin before I left but I can honestly say I'm loving it!

Hi! Welcome to Darwin, where it's always hot! lol ;)

We moved here two weeks ago (from NZ). I love it here! Yes it is different, and yes it is hot (as everyone will tell you ;) ) . But you do get used to it, and there is air con everywhere.... except outside of course where you need it most :)

I've got two kids, both school aged (they started yesterday), so am free during the day at the moment until I find myself a job (my husband is already working thankfully). I don't know anyone here yet so am always keen for any kind of get-together :cool:

Hi, we have been here since July last year and love it. we live in palmerston.

Happy to meet up some time and share stories/tips. we move house in a few weeks so at the moment we are very busy so it may take a little bit of working out a good time.

i work in the city so could meet at lunchtime one weekday, or on a weekend in the city or Palmy. weekdays over lunch probably easier for me for the next few weeks. if you send me a PM with some details and the sorts of dates and times you are free i'll let you know when i can make it.

Jo

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Me and my family are due to arrive in Darwin late August for me to start a job on 1st September, we would love to hear from anyone already living there how it is going?

Obviously NT gets mixed comments as a place to live and is not everyone's first choice for a new home as I read mixed reviews so it would be great to hear for real what it is like.

How hard is it to secure a rental, is Casuarina or Palmerston better? What schools are arround for 11+ year olds?

Is there much sport going on for the children? Can we find a cheap second hand car?

We have a good relocation package but these things will all need to be sorted eventually and feed back on here is really helpful. Likewise it maybe nice meeting up with people when we arrive.:smile:

Hi

Its sounds like we may be reloctaing around the same time, would like to share ideas, views.

Regards

Lychee

Hi,

Me and my family are due to arrive in Darwin late August for me to start a job on 1st September, we would love to hear from anyone already living there how it is going?

Obviously NT gets mixed comments as a place to live and is not everyone's first choice for a new home as I read mixed reviews so it would be great to hear for real what it is like.

How hard is it to secure a rental, is Casuarina or Palmerston better? What schools are arround for 11+ year olds?

Is there much sport going on for the children? Can we find a cheap second hand car?

We have a good relocation package but these things will all need to be sorted eventually and feed back on here is really helpful. Likewise it maybe nice meeting up with people when we arrive.:smile:

Hi lychee123456

Yes be good to keep in touch, I have posted on another thread as also have a 13 year old daughter!

I guess we can swap email addresses, I'm not used to these kind of systems but I think I can PM you with my details so will try over the weekend.

Archived