ACT sponsorship - still pending

Guest Dumbo

Guest Dumbo

Hi,

I applied for ACT sponsorship (176) in January and I havent recieved the outcome yet. In one month they only saw ONE day of applications for 176 (amazing!!)

Is anybody here still waiting for ACT sponsorship? It is taking a lot of time (more than 60 working days) and the new rules will be put in place in July!

Thanks

Same here, they're still at the 11th of January and progress is zero.

Someone told me they are further than the date suggests but that there are still a few cases from that particular date being handled so they cannot update the date (or something like that) But that is not official so if you have any extra info would be great to hear about it!

Guest Dumbo

Thanks to both

I am waiting for the 60 working days to talk to them. My career was on the list when they received my application but in February was not included in the updated list so I am getting nervous.

afterbang, they are checking the applications from your date perhaps you can email them! Let you know if I talk to them :)

Guest Dumbo
Also sitting out the 60 days (not being impatient at all....) We filed our request in February so... you will be first!

Let me know how you are doing :)

I misunderstood your email!!! I thought your sent your application on 11th January... so, I will be the first :

Yeah, thought so ;) I referred to the 11th as the date on the ACT website. Which could mean that it would be another 6 weeks before they close in to our pile of documents... arrrggghhh

(maybe the confusion was because of my English. I'm not a native speaker so might make mistakes in grammar or just putting the words in the wrong order or whatever ;) )

Guest chiffonscarf

Hi Dumbo, we're on same route. My assessment with Vetasses on process and IELTS done. What's your occupation on SOL?

Guest chiffonscarf
Hi Chiff,

Keep a close look at these Vetassess guys. It took us 7 months and a lot of intervention from our Agent (Move2Australia) to get our skills assessed.

Hope'd not take that long. I did file for 'urgency request'.

Seen this update on ACT website:

Important Notice — ACT Government processingThe Australian Government has made changes to the skilled migration visa regime, which are scheduled to commence from 1 July 2012.

Due to these changes, the ACT Government advises that 'complete' applications (hard copy) should be lodged with our office by 1 May 2012 in order to be processed before the changes come into effect.

Applications submitted after 1 May 2012 are unlikely to be processed before the changes commence. Applicants who are not processed before the changes commence will need to complete a new application under the new skilled migration visa regime from 1 July 2012.

Guest Dumbo
I misunderstood your email!!! I thought your sent your application on 11th January... so, I will be the first :

I am not native speaker either :)

We'll keep in touch.

Guest chiffonscarf

Hi guys, After 3 weeks waiting, today I obtained my Vetassess result ( positive/successful). Thanks be to God!!! :)

Guest Dumbo

Congrats chiffonscarf

afterbang, I got my positive outcome today!!!... exactly 60 working days. We wrote it frist...

Guest chiffonscarf
Hi guys, After 3 weeks waiting, today I obtained my Vetassess result ( positive/successful). Thanks be to God!!! :)

Thanks God! =)

Guest chiffonscarf
Congrats chiffonscarf

afterbang, I got my positive outcome today!!!... exactly 60 working days. We wrote it frist...

Thanks Dumbo! What's your SOL?

Yeah, we are moving forward, we received some (extra) questions form the state, although they gave us a headache at first they seem manageable now. Our umpteenth visit to a solicitor to sign yet another document but at least things are progressing.

[h=3]CURRENT PROCESSING DATES[/h]As at 24 April 2012, we are currently assessing applications received by the SBM Unit on:

• Complete applications

• Subclass 176 / 886 visas: 28 February 2012
    • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme: 12 April 2012

At first their questioning was a bit unclear to us. In the end they only wanted a recent CV and a statuary declaration (signed by a notary) which states that you are still in the profession you were being assessed at. (This is a form which states: I blabla am employed as ....

Normally they do not ask this as I understood from other people here but as we hadn't any recent salary slip (self employed) I think they wanted some extra proof. Which wasn't a problem at all in the end. So with a bit of luck you will not get this request.

Guest chiffonscarf

Thanks all your likes!!Goodluck for all!

Archived