Emigration flights from North East UK to Sydney!

Right we have just this week booked our one-way migration flights to Australia from north east England.

We wanted to get from the north east of the UK to Sydney with a two day stopover in Singapore.

Basically my tip is shop around and consider options.....here is why.

1st we approached the flight centre who quoted £2150 (only 23Kg baggage)

Newcastle – Heathrow (BA flight)

Heathrow - Singapore (Qantas flight)

Two nights in the mandarin oriental in Singapore.

Singapore - Sydney (Qantas flight)

2nd we approached netflights.com who quoted £1979 (with 23Kg baggage)

Newcastle – Heathrow (BA flight)

Heathrow - Singapore (Qantas flight)

Two nights in the mandarin oriental in Singapore.

Singapore - Sydney (Qantas flight

3rd we approached BA directly who quoted £2418 for flights only with 40Kg baggage or £1790 with 23Kg baggage still flights only.

4th we approached Qantas directly who quoted £2213 for flights only with 40Kg baggage or £1519 with 23Kg baggage still flights only.

5th we approached Singapore airlines who quoted £1309 for flights with 40Kg baggage, but they didn’t do the UK internal flight.

So……..

Basically Singapore airlines work out the best value (you need to e-mail them directly UK_Reservations@singaporeair.com.sg to get confirmation that you permanent residency visa is applicable for 40kg baggage instead of 20kg standard allowance).

We booked the hotel directly and paid £390 for the 2 nights.

Also we booked a hire car from Teesside airport for a day with a drop off at Heathrow for £90.

Therefore in the end we have paid £1789 in total with 40Kg’s baggage allowance J

I hope this is useful to someone.

Phil

Hi Phil

I'm looking at doing a similar thing soon for my family and I (2 adults and 2 children, although my eldest is 12 so classed as an adult I think).

We would ideally like a stopover somewhere also to unwind for a few days.

Travelling from Newcastle (UK) to Melbourne.

What would your advice be?

I've been finding prices of anywhere between £3000 and £6000 and that's just for flights !

Thanks.

cronemeister

have you looked at flights with singapore airlines. they would not include flights from newcastle to heathrow though, i would suggest that you hire a 'one way' rental car to get to heathrow.

We have booked the rental with Avis in middlesbrough £68 (which includes one way drop off fee!) and 100miles free, then everything more than 100 miles is charged at 10p per mile. We have found that buy doing this it will at maximum cost £100 instead of the internal UK flight which was going to be £145 (and we would have had to pay extra for the baggage).

We have just booked our flights and someone put us onto the IOM

( international organisation for migration) they got our tickets £400 cheaper than going direct to the airline and with a 40 kg baggage allowance each. You can probably find my old thread on here.

Archived