Car seats

John2012

Hi there, we have just arrived in OZ and are having a baby next month and are seriously confused about what type and brand of car seat to buy. We have two toddlers who had maxi-cosi in the uk but as they didn't seem to be legal here we didn't bring them. My parents had bought car seats for them but we now require one for baby number three. One of the seats we have already does from newborn so I could juggle about if need be and buy for 9 months plus. I just need some advice on which brand and type as an assistant in toy land today said she would only recommend the 600 dollar one!

Loraine

Have a read of the thread linked to by Jurls and if you've got any questions drop me a PM. I'm happy to help.

FWIW, in the first post of that thread is a link to the CREP results and the capsule car seats that are rated are listed there. There are a couple of good ones and I'd be looking to one that goes to the highest rear facing weight/height possible and keeping baby rear facing to the limit of the seat rather than turning at 6 months old (just because the law says you can). Most only go to 9 kilos but there are a few that go to 12 kilos and so give you more rear facing time for baby :)

Archived