Job Offer WA :) Could health issues ruin chances?

stacyamy

Hi all

My partner has had a fantastic job offer from a big company in Oz, it is a fantastic opportunity and under normal circumstances we would be putting the house up for sale and packing today!!! The problem is I have health issues and may well be in need of dialysis within the next year. I was just wondering if the visa process is more lenient on health issues if a job has been offered as opposed to just going over on a wymm?

Im really panicing now as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity but the timing couldnt be worse :(.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Maybe get some advice from a registered migration agent - but usually if its a 457 visa that your Husband has been offered medicals are not usually required for this visa unless you work in a profession that needs them. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

You will be entitled to reciprocal health care - you will need health insurance for the 457 visa process.

Guest The Pom Queen

I agree I think you need to have a word with an agent, George Lombard would be a good choice. There could well be a chance that you won't be asked for a medical, however, you need to put any health issues down and they may then request a medical. Personally I would have a word with George and then see what your consultant says about future issues, it could be that you manage to get in on a temp visa but get refused PR when the time comes.

Good luck Hun xx

Thanks for that fab advice you have really eased my mind. Your threads are very postive. Im trying to get excited but its getting overruled by anxiousness. Would it be a 457 visa then? I work full time and feel in good health and never had time off with my illness but they are deteriorating and I will need to be monitered. Im worried if I do get a temp visa and something happens while im over there it will cost me a fortune for example needing dialysis? Sorry to go on im at work and cant speak to an agent at the mo.

Thanks again guys

You would need to look through the Medicare site on reciprocal health care but I am almost positive that Kidney dialysis IS covered by medicare. The 457 visa is normally the visa that employers use to sponsor overseas employees as its cheap and fast - but its only temporary usually for 4 years at first (can be made PR after working for the company for 2 years if company sponsors for PR), but if you leave or lose your job you have 28 days to find a new sponsor or leave Australia.

Take your NHS card with you to show that you are intitled to reciprocal health care sometime a UK passport is not enough on its own.

http://www.health.wa.gov.au/circularsnew/pdfs/12652.pdf

Archived