Medicals, where do you go? and how much do they cost?

Wendy Thorp

Hi, just trying to get my head around all the costs, just put in skills assessment, but they say will only take a couple of weeks, then want to send off for ss wa, then the visa!! very excited, but timings crucial (to get in before july) and also costs any help would be greatly appreciated, as noone mentions where you go for medicals or coasts. Also my 9 year old has chronic fatigue syndrome, i am hoping that this will not affect the medical, but anyone with similar would be greqat to give me an idea, over here she has pain killers and pretty much normal medication, sees a consultant every 3 months, but she also sees a phycologist every month which is pretty important for her, as it ables to to cope with the limitations of the illness, she also only goes to school part time. can anyone shed any light on cost of a psycologist in oz? and how this would work over there, thanks again for any help, wendy xx

Hi there,

I can't really help that much with the psychologist question, but you'll probably find the answer somewhere on the Medicare website: http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au

As for where you go for medicals, there's a number of different places, and prices can vary a bit - hubby went to somewhere in Essex, but I think there are cheaper places around - if you do a search you'll probably find threads about it :)

Good luck!

Hi there,

I can't really help that much with the psychologist question, but you'll probably find the answer somewhere on the Medicare website: http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au

As for where you go for medicals, there's a number of different places, and prices can vary a bit - hubby went to somewhere in Essex, but I think there are cheaper places around - if you do a search you'll probably find threads about it :)

Good luck!

Hi, we paid about £670 for 2 adults and 1 child. I'm sure it might be cheaper elsewhere but this was about 10 miles from where we live. Hope this helps.