IELTS Test - Which One?

SparkleGirlSparkle

Just looking for a bit of information, really. For my application, I just have to take the general IELTS test, and score 7 across the board. I have a very difficult work schedule that tends to be pretty inflexible, so I am trying to book a test of my holiday week that is coming up. The only spaces they currently have, in my time frame, are for the academic test. Will it make any difference to my application if I have taken the academic when I only need to take the general? Thank you for any help!

For DIAC, Academic is accepted in place of the General Test but double check with your skills assessment body for this.

Also, Academic is considered a bit more difficult than the General test but it should be OK with some preparation. Good luck!

Thanks for that. I am not really that bothered whether I sit the Academic or General. The Academic is not a requirement for my occupation, but I don't see the harm in doing it anyway. Currently, the Academic test is the one that is available first in my area, and still has spaces, so it looks like I will be taking the plunge with that option!

Archived