suburb info - what's it like in alexandra hills???

Guest scottishcelts

Guest scottishcelts

:v_SPIN:Hi, we are hopefully moving next year to Alex Hills, Brisbane, and want to know what it's like! Done a bit of research and all seems well so far! :nah::wubclub:Cheers!

Guest scottishcelts

:spinny:Hi there, yes, same alex hills! We have done so much research on alex hills and surrounding areas and cannot find any faults! It seems ideallic and just one town away from the coast too!

I'd love to find out how you guys get on as we won't be out there until the end of 08.:jiggy::radar::wacko:

Guest TheBrowningFamily

Hey guys, we are looking at same area too!!

Will be there April '08 also.....race ya to the furnished rentals!!!

hehe

Guest scottishcelts

Good luck - from what we can see there's not many to rent in alex hills.

All the best when you get there!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::v_SPIN:

Hi we have just come back from Brisbane and we looked at some houses in Alex Hills. We were advised to avoid the old part (bit rough) and stick to the new area. I thought it was really nice, close to schools and shopping centres not too far. Houses quite nice too. I wanted to live there until I visited Redcliffe. The beach there is really nice and they have a nice swimming pool called settlement cove lagoon. Free pool. free park and b b q's. I want to live there now. ( Alex Hills is still nice though) Sorry, but hope this helps.

Guest wardy
:spinny:Hi there, yes, same alex hills! We have done so much research on alex hills and surrounding areas and cannot find any faults! It seems ideallic and just one town away from the coast too!

I'd love to find out how you guys get on as we won't be out there until the end of 08.:jiggy::radar::wacko:

Went on a reccie to this area of Brisbane last August, there is not much of a coastline in this area I am not sure what you are hoping for.

It is situated on Moreton Bay and there is a small bay area in raby bay and i mean small and again in wellington Point, this area is generally considered to be mudflats. I did hear there was a beach at redland bay but I never saw it, so cant really say its not the next town though.

You can get a water taxi over to Stradbrooke Island in this area which is stunning for seeing whales, dolphins, turtles and Kangaroos.

We too were advised too stay away from certain parts of Alex hills although we didnt see that part of it so cant comment.

I did love this area of Brisbane and I cant fault it despite this we are going to Cairns.

My favourite part is wellington point it is lovely.

Around the area of Alex hills there is Capalaba, Cleveland, Ormiston, Chandler but not on the coast.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/queensland/17059-bayside-area.html

Hope this helps

kaye

Guest scottishcelts

Hi Graham/Trudy, Hi Wardy,

Yeah we kind of worked out that above Finucane Rd (which is the big rd that runs through the middle of Alex Hills) is the older part of the hills. Below is definately newer and better.

I do appreciate all your honesty (there's nothing worse than moving to a new area and then realising you've plonked yourself in among all the scumbags). I want to get away from all that.

Cheers and all the best:jiggy::v_SPIN::spinny::yes:>

Guest saralol

Hi All

I'm Lol my OH is Sarah and we have 2 kids (3.5 and 1) We're totally new to the site and hoping to make a few friends etc

We picked up on your interest in Alex Hills as we are hoping to settle in the area. My sister and family have lived there for 20 years and it's certainly grown a lot in that time but is still a really nice part with a lot of good areas close by. Not aware of any 'really' bad parts but happy to find out about particluar bits from my sister if anyone wants.

We've just been for our medicals today having lodged our application in March, told in May we'd have to wait until at least October time before they'd look at it only for 2 weeks later to get a second letter with a CO asking for a little more info and then 2 weeks ago asking for Mediocals/Police clearances etc. All gone very quick recently.

Cheers

Guest scottishcelts

:jiggy::yes:Hi there! It's great to hear from you and i'm thrilled with your news of Alex Hills and yes any information on the area would be an added bonus, good or bad!

About the medicals, i take it the kids don't have to have blood tests, as far as i'm aware 12 and over is the minimum age for bloods. We are only at the visa application stage but everything should be fine (i'm hoping!) Hoping to arrive in Alex Hills end of 08.

|All the best:v_SPIN::wubclub:

• 1 month later...
:jiggy::yes:Hi there! It's great to hear from you and i'm thrilled with your news of Alex Hills and yes any information on the area would be an added bonus, good or bad!

About the medicals, i take it the kids don't have to have blood tests, as far as i'm aware 12 and over is the minimum age for bloods. We are only at the visa application stage but everything should be fine (i'm hoping!) Hoping to arrive in Alex Hills end of 08.

|All the best:v_SPIN::wubclub:

HI SC

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Had a few teccie issues (exscuse for being brain dead with a pc) but back on track now.

My Brother in law confirmed what had been said previosuly in that below the finucane road is newer and a bit nicer but nothing particularly bad anywhere just the usual odd family or two here and there. Any info on particluar streets/places let me know. For meds below 11 is just medical (height/weight/cough & history etc) 11-14 is medical & X ray and above 14 is med/x ray and bloods (I think). I had to have extra blood tests as well because I've got a couple of tatoos.

Still not got Police checks!

How you getting on? What visa you applying under?

Cheers

Lol

Guest scottishcelts

Hi SL, it's great to hear from you guys, and you are way ahead from us, we are still waiting to hear from the ACS (aussie computer society) for the tra thing, and everything is ready for the visa app to go ahead which is a skilled migrant permanent visa (sorry can't remember the # code for this). Alex Hills is still front runner for us and we've heard nothing bad, dodgy, shady etc etc about the area, so is perfect for us and can't wait to get there (hopefully be around September). So glad about the meds re the kids, as ours are 8.5, almost 5 and 11 months! Also i've got a tattoo, so no doubt will need extra bloods too! which is a pain since i had the standard 'check for everything' blood tests done when is was pregnant last year (if only you could just hand over those results eh!!!) never mind!. We are also awaiting police checks, we originally had Scottish police tests done, then discovered we would need uk checks as we both lived in England for 10 years (Torquay), so the wait continues!!!

Will let you guys know the outcome of all and how we are progressing. Speak soon xxx Wendy & Gavin:jiggy::notworthy::wacko::wacko:

Guest Nette Mac

Hi

We are from the UK and live in Redland Bay at Bayside which is in the same area as Alex Hills. Be careful, cause some of the area is quite rough. You will struggle with rentals because at the moment there are more people than there are rentals, especially in Alex Hills, Capalaba, Birkdale and Wellington Point which are all surrounding suburbs. You will find more rentals at Victoria Point and Redland Bay which are great areas and are what are classed as 'up and coming areas'. My kids go to school at Alex Hills and my daughter to Capalaba but when we tried to buy it was a nightmare and we ended up moving to Redland Bay. when we first arrived we would visit a rental and there would be at least 10 other couples looking at it. You need references etc and maybe visit every rental that a real estate has so that they get to know you.

the bayside is a fab place but because of us poms moving here and people from interstate it is getting more and more difficult to find rentals and houses to buy at decent prices.

Good luck to everyone and if you need any info, let me know.

Cheers

Jeanette

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scottishcelts

Hello Nette mac, mmm...........i was worried this might happen with houses in the east coast, we have been keeping a close eye on property there and it doesn't look good. If it comes to it we will rent outside of Alex Hills and still put the kids to Alex Hills school and buy as soon as we have the chance to. If we have the opportunity to buy outside Alex Hills before buying into it we will (i hate the thought of renting for more that 6 months). We would'nt mind buying something that needs everything done to it, as that's what we've done with out present house and as it stands are looking at a massive profit. But ultimately we want to live in Alex Hills or surrounding areas, so if we can't find anything there, as you say there are loads elsewhere. I don't really fancy going anywhere else in Brisbane (at the minute) although am keeping an open mind - as it may be different when we get there, although i don't think so as we've done so much research. Cleveland looks amazing also. And then there's the Gold Coast...........................:yes::wubclub:

• 2 years later...

Archived