WA SMP not approved !!!

Guest theweirs

Guest theweirs

Hi Guys

Got so fed up waiting phoned WA and they told me that as far as they are aware their plan is still with the minister for approval and they cant make any comment until he approves it.

Can anyone remember where he gave the speech saying that NT and WA were approved so that I can email them the link.

This is getting beyond a joke now.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragsterwish
Hi Guys

Got so fed up waiting phoned WA and they told me that as far as they are aware their plan is still with the minister for approval and they cant make any comment until he approves it.

Can anyone remember where he gave the speech saying that NT and WA were approved so that I can email them the link.

Hi, theweirs

Very often, the frontline staff are not aware of the policy decision made at higher hierarchy. Its very common for civil service worldwide. Decisions are often cascaded down only at timely hours & to those on a Need-to-know basis.

The fact remains that Chris Bowen himself has made the public announcement on 11 Nov 2010 that he has approved WA's SMP.

But i agree that what the staff told you about their SMP not being approved yet when the DIAC Minister has already announced its approval is really an embarrassment to WA govt.

Hi Guys

No way!!!!:arghh:

Hiya,

I agree with dragster on this one. The frontline staff don't have any idea of what's going on. I've had the same with the aspc telling me a load of nonsense.

Instead of telling people the wrong info, the staff on the phones should simply say 'no comment' because they are just adding to people's impatience and anger!!!

I've tried looking at this from all angles, coming up with all sorts of possibilties and still cannot understand why SMP is still not released. Can't see why WA cannot just release a timeline and stick to it. Constantly saying 'a few wks' means nothing, they need to release a date and STICK TO IT!!!

Soooooo sick of this. Want my life back :arghh:

Guest theweirs
Just emailed WA...re SMP release!! What's the bets I get an automated reply????

Felt I needed to do something :wacko:

Between waiting for SMP and hearing the news my own country's government is falling apart, the day can only get better... right?

Gill x

Hey Gill

I am still waiting from a response from the email I sent them earlier with the link in it. I hate sitting around waiting for info, it is driving me nuts.

I have emailed the Immigration Minister as well, although not expecting much from them either, like you at least I feel as if I am doing something.

Just wish someone would tell us what is going on and put us out our misery. It doesnt help that each SMP that is released is different, who knows what WAs if it ever comes out will be like.

Take care.

Jo x

Hi Guys

I can tell you that the person you spoke knew nothing, because I have had runins with this front line operator. She cant understand english, When she picks up the phone, I put it down, because I get more sense from ant from her. Two examples

1. I had to explain that my trade was on sol 3

2. didnt give the correct information about the visa

While on the hand, there are some wonderful people on the front line which knew their stuff, if they dont know they either ask you send the questions in by email or pass you on to someone which does know.

for example I had a problem with my SS, called up, and was i told would had to reply again. They spoke to the migration manager after the call, 30 minutes after the call I recieved a wonderful email from the person i spoke to, and it was fixed.

Guest dragsterwish
Just emailed WA...re SMP release!! What's the bets I get an automated reply????

Felt I needed to do something :wacko:

Between waiting for SMP and hearing the news my own country's government is falling apart, the day can only get better... right?

Gill x

Let's try hard (i'm trying VERY hard) to be optimistic while waiting. With each passing day & hour, its inching forward to the release date. Today is closer than yesterday & the day before..... :goofy:

Well time is of the essense!!!

I understand that sponsorship takes 6 months with WA, and we have 7 months until the new point systems comes in!!!!!

I do not want to spend lots of money and time going through this grueling process to then fall down at the new points system, otherwise I will look at other visa options.

We are a trade so wont meet the new points system, we need to be on a SMP, we need sponsorship approval before 1st july to enable us to lodge visa application before new point system comes into play. WA is our preferred state as we have lived there before and have friends and contacts.

Do we now consider another state that has already released and has a shorter sponsorship processing time to be sure we have sufficient time to lodge our visa application???

Is there no PR person that can give some indication!!!!

Its all a gamble at the minute!!!

Good everyone!!!!

Cheers Cazmayo

Hi Guys

Dont worry - when you have a timeline at 3 yrs +, you get used to waiting.... Just think of it as, more time with friends & family & more time to save? Its the only thing that keeps me sane (ish??).

Dont worry,,, it wont speed it up, and just makes it even more traumatic. We should be enjoying this experience! (Even tho it is hell!) [Just trying to help].

I`d look to month end and anything sooner is a bonus.. They seem to be releasing the SMP roughly 2 weeks apart from each other. Also heard the QLD is due out soon. (These seems to be the most eaglely awaited docs).

Good luck with the outcome anyway!

Guest dragsterwish
Dont worry - when you have a timeline at 3 yrs +, you get used to waiting.... Just think of it as, more time with friends & family & more time to save? Its the only thing that keeps me sane (ish??).

Dont worry,,, it wont speed it up, and just makes it even more traumatic. We should be enjoying this experience! (Even tho it is hell!) [Just trying to help].

I`d look to month end and anything sooner is a bonus.. They seem to be releasing the SMP roughly 2 weeks apart from each other. Also heard the QLD is due out soon. (These seems to be the most eaglely awaited docs).

Good luck with the outcome anyway!

Hi Danny, tks for the encouragement. It was the anti-climate that results from Chris' announcement on 11 Nov that WA's SMP has been approved that got us all excited in anticipation but in vain.

Furthermore, the fact that NT's SMP has already been released just 6 days after that announcement makes the waiting even more of a torment as we wonder why WA or DIAC's SMP website hasn't released it 13 days since the announcement!

If DIAC wants to stagger the release on weekly basis, its high time that they release WA's SMP this week!

Pls don't let us wait another week in vain again..... :arghh:

Guest theweirs

Hey

WA havent even had the decency to get back to me, maybe they are checking it all out with the minister after reading his speech.

We will see what tomorrow ... and the next day brings.

Fingers crossed we will all hear soon.

Jo x

Hey

WA havent even had the decency to get back to me, maybe they are checking it all out with the minister after reading his speech.

We will see what tomorrow ... and the next day brings.

Fingers crossed we will all hear soon.

Jo x

Hey,

I sent WA an email on Monday and got a reply this morning - - another automated one saying the same c**p as the last 3 responses I have received. Emailed Chris Bowen's office but I'm sure I'll hear nothing back.

What is going on in WA??? They are either sponsoring or they're not. I cannot live my life like this wishing one day to end to start another. Life is too short to do that... Do WA not realise what applicants are going through?? Do they read these sites at all because if they did they'd soon understand what they are putting people through!!!!

Sooo fed up. Our agent is still advising us to think seriously of ACT. It's a really hard decision to make as WA is our first choice. The decision would be made a lot easier if WA would just tell us if they need plumbers or not :arghh:

Gill x

my thought's exactly. keeps putting us in the back burner.

when will the hurtin' stop?:radar:

You and me both, they need to release it soon because again Christmas comes the WA offices will probably shut down and there'll be nobody to process the applications ...

Guest jilkfree1978
You and me both, they need to release it soon because again Christmas comes the WA offices will probably shut down and there'll be nobody to process the applications ...

Hi there, so what is your occupation?? Do you know if it is likely your occupation will be on the WA smp??

If it isnt on WA smp what will you do??

Your occupation will probably be on there if it's been on the others. The only minor issue might be whether you will be in the 2010/2011 smp quota. Worse case is 2011/2012 quota. I know that may seem like an eternity but WA were taking quite a while to look at each case. Ours took 5 months to get wa ss.

Guest jilkfree1978
OH is plumber.. is on all other released SMPs and was on the provisional list for WA but who knows... Not sure what we'll do yet :confused:

We are waiting for Queensland smp my wife is a Welfare Worker, I doubt Welfare Worker will be on the smp for Queensland. We can hope.

Welfare worker was taken off there list over 1 year ago, so they dont need them anymore.

"Keep checking our website for updates on the release of the State Migration Plan."

Funny, we've been doing just as you've advised WA, since 5th Oct and even more frequently since Immigration Minister said he'd signed off but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived