Catholic Schools Perth

Guest Seeking solitude

Hi! We are waiting to be granted our PR Visa for Perth hopefully in the next 8 weeks with a few to be moved over there by March 2010! We have an 11 year old 9 year old and 3 year old can anyone give me advice on Catholic schools what class the will be in and fees!! Also anyone give any advice on anything we can do here before we go that can make the move any easier with Kids! Thanks

Guest Alison Nugent
Hi! We are waiting to be granted our PR Visa for Perth hopefully in the next 8 weeks with a few to be moved over there by March 2010! We have an 11 year old 9 year old and 3 year old can anyone give me advice on Catholic schools what class the will be in and fees!! Also anyone give any advice on anything we can do here before we go that can make the move any easier with Kids! Thanks

Hi Prindiville Catholic college is supposed to be nice, My 12yr old will start Hale 2nd feb and my 8yr old will go to a state school until he starts Hale. I would definitely start calling the schools now as the cheaper private ones have 3-5year waiting lists, I was really shocked Hence the reason my son will attend Hale!! So definitely start calling now, if you type in private/public schools in Perth you will get a list of all the numbers and area's. I called 9 schools and they were all very lovely and helpful.

Hope this helps you :smile:

Guest Alison Nugent
Thanks for that- just wondered if it helps if you have relations in the school or would the wait time be the same do you think?

Your welcome, I dont think it would it make much difference if you had relations unless it was other siblings then maybe they would try and keep them together, just call all the schools and see what they say, fingers crossed you will get places for them.

:smile:

Guest jillandsi

We got a wonderful feel for Padbury Catholic but I think, as with the state sector, that the primary schools are not much to worry about. A reply that I got a while back regarding High Schools said that Sacred Heart was the best one to try to get into NOR, and the results are better than the others.

Some of the things that you can do to better your chances, from recent experiences, are:

Bring proof that your child attended a Catholic school in the UK (if applicable)

Bring proof of any Baptism, Communion etc

Bring a reference from your Priest confirming church attendance.

Get enrolled at a Church once arrived so you can get a Priest reference.

It might be tough to get an older child into the High School, they do the interviews at the start of year 5.

Siblings take priority from what I've been told, so a lot of people, if offered a place for one child but not the other will accept it because the other child will be pushed to the top of the waiting list.

Fees are on the websites but are roughly $1-$2,000 ish for primary and around $3,500 for high school, that is yearly.

There is a calculator, I think, on the education website which shows which year children will be in.

I was told by another parent that once you have got your name on the waiting list to (nicely) pester i.e. a phone call checking up on availability once a week/fortnight.

Good luck

Jillian

Archived