Red P's and driving in UK

Guest nicolasteve

Guest nicolasteve

My daughter recently passed her driving test here in Oz and is on her red P's. We are going back to Uk in December for 5 weeks and i was wondering if she will be able to drive in Uk using her Australian Licence??? Any advice appreciated.

Nic

Guest The Frets
My daughter recently passed her driving test here in Oz and is on her red P's. We are going back to Uk in December for 5 weeks and i was wondering if she will be able to drive in Uk using her Australian Licence??? Any advice appreciated.

Nic

Hi Nic,

As the aussie license is classed as a provisional license she won't be able to drive in UK.

I'm a p-plater aswell and I went back in Feb, and didn't drive. In the uk you learn on a provisional license and when you do your test in uk, thats it,and then you get a full license.

Hope this is a help.

Sorry if its not what you wanted to hear though.

All the best Jane.:biggrin:

Nic

If she was able too then I recon she would sh.. herself or you dont like your daughter lol. I drove in oz on a recey trip & the roads were so wide & the speed limit was so slow compared to uk.

If she was able too then I recon she would sh.. herself or you dont like your daughter lol. I drove in oz on a recey trip & the roads were so wide & the speed limit was so slow compared to uk.

When we went back to the UK for a recent holiday the roads were the thing I hated the most - so many cars going so fast & so narrow. The trip down to Heathrow on the morning of our flight (6am start onto the M40) was the most horrendous part of it - my arms nearly seized up from gripping the steering wheel so tightly & the concentration needed meant I started the journey home feeling rough already.

I wouldn't wish driving in the UK on anyone now I've experienced Oz roads - and I've been driving for 27 years of which only 2 are in Oz - lol! :biggrin:

Archived