3 cats to fly across

mumto2

hi

im starting the process of seriously looking into moving with my 2 kids and our 3 cats from the UK to Australia.

2 are passported fully (well from France back to the UK), I just have the final 1 to get passported ready (not had her long!)

Are the regs different for moving cats to Australia than to the UK please?

I have cat carriers that are approved by the euro tunnel, DEFRA dont give any guidelines for cat carry boxes.

Can anyone recomend where to get quotres from that are quiet and gentle with the cats please (2 of my cats are rescues that were beaten so nervous around new people).

Cheers

Susi xx

I'm not a cat lover - I HATE those claws! But, I did Google your question and there are a few websites here which might give you some tips and reassurance.

I'm surprised nobody else has answered as I know there are a few 'cat tragics' on here!

1. [h=3]Can I take my dog or cat to the UK? - UK in Australia[/h]

3. ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-high...tax.../petsCached - SimilarShareShared on Google+. View the post.

4. You +1'd this publicly. Undo

5. Bringing pets to UK. ... The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) explains what you have to do to bring your pet dog, cat or ferret into - or ...

[h=3]Can I bring my pet from Australia to the United ... - UK in Australia[/h]

ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk › ... › Frequently asked questionsPetsCachedShareShared on Google+. View the post.

You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    The Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) has been extended to the Australia, you can bring ... questions about bringing your pet to the UK not answered in the PETS fact ...

[h=3]Bringing Cats and Dogs (and other pets) to Australia - Department of ...[/h]

http://www.daff.gov.auBiosecurity in AustraliaCached - SimilarShareShared on Google+. View the post.

All cats and dogs being imported to Australia, whether it be for the first time or returning, must meet the standard DAFF import conditions. Different DAFF import ...

[h=3]Taking a Dog or Cat to Australia - a guide for migrants[/h]

http://www.aussiemove.com/pets/CachedShareShared on Google+. View the post.

[TABLE=class: ts]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]2Q==
    [/TD]
    [TD]by Geoff Hopkins

Jan 1, 2012 – Migrants guide to taking a dog or cat into Australia; What does it cost? ... Airpets at Heathrow are the UK's leading pet travel agent and offer a ...
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[h=3]Passport For Pets | We ship your dog to, cat to, pet to any country[/h]

http://www.passportforpets.co.uk/Cached - SimilarShareShared on Google+. View the post.

PassportForPets.co.uk are expert at shipping dog to, cat to, pet to any country ... Australia; USA; Cyprus; South Africa; Singapore; New Zealand; Canada; Hong ...

[h=3]How much to take my cat from Australia to the UK? - Yahoo!7 Answers[/h]

au.answers.yahoo.com › All CategoriesPetsCatsCached - SimilarShareShared on Google+. View the post.

2 answers - 20 Feb 2008
    I am going back to the UK from Australia and want to take my cat - Can anyone tell me how much the ... Taking my Cat from the US to the UK?

[h=3]Get more discussion results[/h]

[h=3]Taking your pet cats and dogs to Australia - Getting Down Under[/h]

http://www.gettingdownunder.comEmigrate to AustraliaPetsCachedShareShared on Google+. View the post.

Mar 3, 2006 – We have two cats which we'll be taking with us to Australia. In reality it ... Fortunately for us, the UK is seen as a pretty 'clean' country from a pet ...

I am sure this web site has probably been provided but here it is again if so, http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/cat4?name=the%20United%20Kingdom

Cats have to be quaranteed, they have to be microchipped, and in Australia they have to be registered with the council. Also there are restrictions on how many cats you can have. Here were I live I have three but I live on acreage, if I lived on a normal block then I would only be able to have two. They have to be confined to our property 24 hours a day, not allowed to wander, kept in at night, this is to protect our wild life. They have to be neutered. Entire cats are allowed for breeding but the registration is a lot more expensive for them.

I am sure this web site has probably been provided but here it is again if so, http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs/cat4?name=the%20United%20Kingdom

Cats have to be quaranteed, they have to be microchipped, and in Australia they have to be registered with the council. Also there are restrictions on how many cats you can have. Here were I live I have three but I live on acreage, if I lived on a normal block then I would only be able to have two. They have to be confined to our property 24 hours a day, not allowed to wander, kept in at night, this is to protect our wild life. They have to be neutered. Entire cats are allowed for breeding but the registration is a lot more expensive for them.

The rules are different in every council.

In my council they don't have to be registered. They don't have to be confined at all. You are allowed two desexed cats. You can apply to my local council for permission to get more, that costs $30.

So totally different to petals council.

If you know where you are planning on looking to live then google the local council and have a look at what your restictions are.

Archived