Hi from sunny clacton in essex

Jo36

Hi all thought I should introduce myself although I have already met some of you:wink:. My name is Jo I'm married to my husband Tristan and two girls Ellie 11 and lucie 4 . We thought about moving to oz about 6 years ago but had the bad new that my husband had thyroid cancers a very aggressive type where he needed radical neck dicetions that have left him with reminding scars but without them he would be here today . And now has recently lost both of his parents life's to short .

So the thought is back on we feel we need to change/ better our life for us and our girls but how do you know it's the right decision that's the problem i have .

Hes a bricklayer and also was a lecturer for 5 years so don't think we would have a problem with that . Just have all these emotions at the mo trying to think it all through , any advise would be great thanks for reading :rolleyes:

It is impossible to say if it would be the right decision for you. The only way to know is to try it.

What I would say is that it would be a change of life, but not necessarily better. Oz is not some heaven. It is just another first world country. Most people don't find there life is better. Just different.

It is impossible to say if it would be the right decision for you. The only way to know is to try it.

What I would say is that it would be a change of life, but not necessarily better. Oz is not some heaven. It is just another first world country. Most people don't find there life is better. Just different.

+1 - If you have the money and skills, why not give it a go? It will be a change of scenery and you could always come for a short time and not burn any bridges. One thing you have to watch for is your eldest girl's age - Once they're established in secondary education it becomes far more difficult to move. We are heading the other way soon, but although Oz is not for me long term, I am very glad I had the experience - and as you say, life is short!