Mount Martha

Guest Old Coulsdon Poms

Guest Old Coulsdon Poms

:huh: Hi, can anyone give advise as to what Mount Martha is like for schools ? We have looked at Frankston South which looks good but also like the look of Mount Martha. We have friends there who send their kids to private school but are unsure if there are any public schools.

Same applies to Mornington and Mount Eliza. Any knowledge of schools in the area would be greatly appreciated. :wideeyed:

Guest itskaren
:huh: Hi, can anyone give advise as to what Mount Martha is like for schools ? We have looked at Frankston South which looks good but also like the look of Mount Martha. We have friends there who send their kids to private school but are unsure if there are any public schools.

Same applies to Mornington and Mount Eliza. Any knowledge of schools in the area would be greatly appreciated. :wideeyed:

We lived in Mt Martha for a couple of months Dec/jan. We looked around Mt Martha Primary school which we thought seemed great. However, I hated Mt Martha with a passion in the end so moved East of Melbourne. My children now go to a private school which they just love. The Head of Mt Martha is lovely. If we were still living there I would send my children there. Good luck.

Guest Old Coulsdon Poms

Hi, we were planning to get out by the beginning of the new school year, which I believe is the end of Jan/beginning of Feb, but I think it is more realisticly going be May/June 09.

Guest mama koala

We have recently moved to Mount Martha and are sending our son to Balcombe Grammar School, it is an independent school but the fees are reasonable. Hope this helps.

ps. we love Mount Martha with a passion.

Our son goes to Osborne Primary in Mount Martha and we are very happy with it. It has a fantastic reputation. We enrolled him there after being here a week and he settled in great. He has now been there over a year and loves it!!

Mount Martha Primary also has a good reputation but if you dont live beach side in a certain catchment you have got no chance of getting in.

Deb xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old Coulsdon Poms

Hi, thanks for replying, how are you finding life now that you are in Oz? Do you like Mount Martha and have you found work yet? We were there earlier in the year and loved it and now hope to go next year. Its all so exciting but scary as well!

Good luck x

Guest jonseywife

Here in Mt Martha/Mornington area and love it...... (I still cant believe anyone would hate it with a passion... but hey, whats right for one, is'nt always right for another!!)

There are lots of schools here to choose from, both christian & catholic too (not that i'm a religious type but normally Catholic schools have great reputations!). Some private schools range from $4000 a year right up to $25000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all have good reputations too.

We're not furtunate enough to be able to send my kids to private (as have four of them, although my eldest is working now), but there are good state schools here too. Mt Martha is good and Osbourne too,both primary level, they both have a great community feel to them, with great teachers and staff.

Frankston South secondary is meant to be the best state school in Victoria, but have been told you have to live in the catchment area.

Look on the Victoria education webiste, it should have list of state and private schools and check out each schools website too for more information.

Good luck

Sally-ann

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We move to mount martha in November and have applied for places for my children to start at Balcombe Grammer feb 09. It is such a new school not much info on it, what is it like? It seems very small? What facilities are there? Because have not looked round it.? Thanks caroline 36,Darryl 37, Alex 5 and lucy 7.

Guest mama koala

My son has been at Balcombe since the beginning of this term, he loves it, if the weather is nice one wall in the classroom opens up so they can benefit from the lovely fresh air, or have the class on the patio outside the room and also they can see the sea as the school has a lovely setting.

Although the school has limited facilities, it is growing quickly. Being such a small school is great and the fees are very reasonable but the uniform is quite expensive, we got the basics and it came to $1000 plus books. If your children are small then obviously the uniform would be a lot cheaper.

Nikki

• 6 months later...
Guest Kate Edwards

I know you put your post on ages and ages ago - are you any closer to moving to Mount Martha? We arrived here 8 weeks ago - My husband has been out here since November working , me and the boys and now our dog are all loving it in Mount Martha. My eldest is at osbourne and he seems to have fitted in quite well it is a lovely school but all schools depend on what you are used to in the UK. We came from a very small country village and Osbourne is a small school in Aussie terms but big in ours!! The higher education is mind blowing they have Private, State, Grammer and Religious schools - full blown private are very expensive Grammer and Church schools have small fees Balcombe like previusoly mentioned is something like 6K Aussie Dollar a year - IMy son is Prep and have been told if I want him to go to Balcome or similat I need to register him now!!!! Anyway You may even be here now!!!

K x

Guest itskaren

Here in Mt Martha/Mornington area and love it...... (I still cant believe anyone would hate it with a passion... but hey, whats right for one, is'nt always right for another!!)

Glad to hear you like it!

• 6 months later...
Guest tilliewilde

Hi im new to this forum and would like some more imformation on Mount Martha, Mount Eliza and the surrounding areas. Im moving with my 2 children 5 and 8 next year and have seem these areas on the internet, houses, school, shopping, eating out , cafes, entertainment for children, crime, cost of living, the area as a whole (prety, dirty, poor, clean) etc would would like a few opinion on what the area is like and whether the a great place to bring children up.

I am wanting to find an area with in 50km Melbourne, house with sea view, land, 4 bedrooms and nice friendly people.

Thanks

Tillie

Archived