Gold class cinema

Guest vixen29

Guest vixen29

Hi everyone,

Not too sure where to post this qu, so hope this us the right place!

Just wanted to know if anyone had used the gold class cinema at southlands and if it was worth the hefty $37 to go?

We are thinking bout it but not entirely sure. I have read conflicting stories about how good it is and what's in the price! Any opinions?

V

Guest guest36187

Gold Class is worth it if it is a longer film and you go at the right time. Where I am in Indoorooilly, its about $25 for a normal day (Before 6) but it goes up after 6 and rockets up at a weekend.

When Mark and I go we can easily do another $50 in food so it is not a cheap night out

Chris: Even normal class cinema isnt $14???? Thats $16.50 now!!!

Guest chris955

We we are it is $12 for normal cinema during the week and $16.80 for Star Class which I think is the same as Gold Class ? Big individual seats, a table and waitress service.

Guest vixen29
$37 ? For a family I assume ? We have Gold Class here which we use every now and then but it's only about $14 I think.

$37 each! I was shocked when I saw the price! It was for tonight though so maybe just the weekend cost is this expensive!

Guest chris955

$22 at the weekend for Star Class, there is no way in the world I would pay $37 EACH to see a film, I wont even go at the weekend.

Guest vixen29
$22 at the weekend for Star Class, there is no way in the world I would pay $37 EACH to see a film, I wont even go at the weekend.

I thought maybe you get something in it, maybe complimentary drink or popcorn? Maybe that would go some way to justifying the price but not to sure on this point. Needless to say we changed our mind for tonight, night in front if the cheap box instead!

Guest guest36187

Nothing complimentary!!!

We always go Monday-Thursday before 6 and its cheaper! We always used to go Gold Class but now go there more as a treat and if it is a long film.

Recliner seats and someone bringing your meals/wine to you then is worth it!

Guest vixen29

Think that's the approach we will take Joanne, just need to wait for a blockbuster to treat ourselves!

Thanks for all the info!

V

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi V

The closest to you in mornington will be the Village Cinema at Karingal (Frankston area) we go now and again, like Joanne says it's great for long films the seats fully recline to flat bed style. They do a 3 course menu for $45 where you can choose any starter main and dessert off the menu or you can order from downstairs ie hot dogs, nuggets, chips, wedges, popcorn etc.

We enjoy it but only use it for a special occasion. It's also $37 there.

You also have Hoyts at chaddy we use to go there as it was cheaper and they included unlimited soft drinks and popcorn however they stopped this and it really wasn't worth the money as you are sat in the same cinema as everyone else but on the back row on a double sofa (not very comfy) it may have changed as we havent been in a while.

Kate

Guest Guest31881

last time I went to a cinema it was in the Uk years ago, it cost a couple of £ and for that you got a ticket a box and a hammer.

Ticket to get in

Box to sit on

Hammer to kill the rats.

So is it different nowadays?

Guest One Hour Photo

When it first started (must be years ago because I wasn’t living in hick town and actually had someone to go with) and found it very annoying - they may be more organised now.

Anyway you could order food to be brought to your seat, which we did, created all sorts of problems.

Got to a big point in the movie and a staff member came along the row with food, we had to explain it wasn't ours, so she went along the row asking everyone if it was theirs, great when you are trying to watch a movie, then she clambered back in front of us to get more orders.

Our food arrived, more distraction from the film, food very poor and eating in the dark, while trying to watch a movie, was more trouble than it was worth.

My suggestion, go to the movie, then go somewhere for dinner after.

Archived