Where to live????

Guest Chedder

Guest Chedder

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice - we are currently applying for our 136 visa as my hubby is a heating engineer. We are looking at Brisbane as our new home but was wondering which would be the best area for work in the trade??? Any help is very much appreciated!!!! :err:

Thank you in advance

Hiya ,have you looked on www.seek.com to see where the work seems to be? most trades will secure work easy enough anywere in and around Brisbane,building is booming at the moment,houses,shops,offices they are going up like wild fire.

Property wise have a look at www.realestate.com this will give you an idea of prices across hundreds of differnt suburbs,another good site for info is www.ourbrisbane.com ,sit down with a brew and have a good browse through im sure it will give you some idea of where abouts in Brissy youd like to be,good luck with everything,ask away if youve anymore questions and someone will try to help

Cal x

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Chedder,

If your husband actually wants to continue with heating then I would suggest heading South. My OH is a plumber and heating engineer and we have settled on the Sunny Coast. He had no problem finding a job as a plumber, but there isnt anything about for heating engineers, as the houses in QLD arent built with central heating.

If he's happy just doing 'house bashing' as Ian calls it then there will be plenty of work for him in and around Brisbane.

Lou

Guest wiccanwitch

but talking about were to live we have to find a sponsorship so for us it will be more of who is going to sponsor hubby will determind were we live but for some strange reason canbarra is always on my mind dont know why but there you go :yes:

Guest Ian&Lou
but talking about were to live we have to find a sponsorship so for us it will be more of who is going to sponsor hubby will determind were we live but for some strange reason canbarra is always on my mind dont know why but there you go :yes:

Good luck with the sponsorship, I'll keep my fingers crossed you get one from Canberra.

Lou

Canberra!!! are you crazy? :wacko:

If you like the idea of Canberra Quoll would be one of the best person to speak to as she has lived there for so long.

Best of luck

Geoffrey

Guest Chedder
Hi Chedder,

If your husband actually wants to continue with heating then I would suggest heading South. My OH is a plumber and heating engineer and we have settled on the Sunny Coast. He had no problem finding a job as a plumber, but there isnt anything about for heating engineers, as the houses in QLD arent built with central heating.

If he's happy just doing 'house bashing' as Ian calls it then there will be plenty of work for him in and around Brisbane.

Lou

thanks very much thats great - we'll definetly be checking it out!!!

Archived