Moving to The Gold Coast July 2017

tombrooks1986

Hi,

I have just stumbled across this forum and reading the other members questions and reviewing the answers. It's great to see a lot of members really helping new users out.

My story is, my wife is an Australian National (passport holder) she holds ILR for the uk and will apply for civilisation this year to get her Uk passport. We have been married for 4 years and together for 10 years.

We are looking to start a family this year and want to bring the child up in her home town of Coolengatta.

We have a dog (Labrador) we want her to come with us as well. I am aware of this process!

Please pardon my ignorance and clueless nature to start with! This is the first time I'm looking into this process and assumed it would be a lot easier than I originally thought!

I'm looking for some help around, what is needed to get my family over to Australia.

Mainly what visa I would need to apply for?!

How long does it take to approve?!

If approved, how long after we enter Australia, can I look to buy a house?! Utilising a bank mortgage?! A lot of sites differ in information around this?! Any advise is appreciated.

Basically! If anyone could help with a detailed guide, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much and sorry for the life storey!!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could tell you it was easy, quick or cheap, but it's none of the above. You'll need to apply for a partner visa, and if you want to move next year then a 309/100 visa is what you need to look at: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-

Since you've been married more than 3 years, you'd skip the 309 (provisional) visa stage and would be issued the 100 (permanent) visa. You need to provide evidence of your relationship in 4 categories - financial, social, nature of commitment and household, you need a police check and medical check. It takes about 10-14 months to be granted, and you must be outside Australia both at the time of lodging the application and when it's granted. It costs $6,865 plus cost of medicals and police checks. There are several partner visa threads you can read to get more information or to ask questions.

Hi,

I have just stumbled across this forum and reading the other members questions and reviewing the answers. It's great to see a lot of members really helping new users out.

My story is, my wife is an Australian National (passport holder) she holds ILR for the uk and will apply for civilisation this year to get her Uk passport. We have been married for 4 years and together for 10 years.

We are looking to start a family this year and want to bring the child up in her home town of Coolengatta.

We have a dog (Labrador) we want her to come with us as well. I am aware of this process!

Please pardon my ignorance and clueless nature to start with! This is the first time I'm looking into this process and assumed it would be a lot easier than I originally thought!

I'm looking for some help around, what is needed to get my family over to Australia.

Mainly what visa I would need to apply for?!

How long does it take to approve?!

If approved, how long after we enter Australia, can I look to buy a house?! Utilising a bank mortgage?! A lot of sites differ in information around this?! Any advise is appreciated.

Basically! If anyone could help with a detailed guide, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much and sorry for the life storey!!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We we are moving to Gold Coast in October. Don't know much about the partner visa etc but I know any visa isn't cheap and it's not quick. We started the process in June and have just had our grant.

As for banks and mortgages etc, we already have a bank account in oz that we have opened up to send savings to and as for a mortgage, we were there last Jan and asked about this and we were told as soon as we have a job and can provide details of it being secure and have built up a banking history we could apply for a mortgage. We were told it could be as soon as 3 months after starting work and as for the credit rating that history started as soon as we opened the account, although it's not much as we don't actually have any credit on the account it does start your credit history in Australia.

Good luck,