Crown or Anglo Pacific......?

ClaireChris

I know there are already some posts linked to the above but would appreciate any first hand experiences/reviews/advice on the following two companies - Crown Relocations and Anglo Pacific.

Both companies have given us quotes and there is a significant difference of £750 approximately. The representatives were helpful, knowledgeable and not at all pushy. They both agreed a 20ft sole use container would be fine.

The main advantage we can see with CR is we have a months free storage in Brisbane (which we will require) and they deal with everything rather than another contractor taking over in Oz.

Any thoughts welcomed :ssign10:

We've booked Anglo Pacific for our shipping - it's getting collected on Friday! We booked them because they were the cheapest, and also because we've dealt with the same lady from one day one! All email enquiries have been answered by her the same day. I'd definitely recommend them!

In all honesty, as someone who has made four international moves with different well known companies, I would go for the cheapest, factoring in any "free" add ons like your storage. Because you really won't find much difference in service between the main players, a lot depends on the crew on the day which is complete pot luck. And you will find good and bad reviews of all of them.

I once did a move with the same company handling at either end, not Crown, but another with same set up And actually that is something that I found preferable and I would agree with you that it is much easier to have one contact throughout than dealing with two separate companies.