How do you find an Official Government Vet?

Hi,

our cat has passed his rabies antibody test and we have the test report. We now have to get an Official Government Vet to complete the RNAT test declaration, but this is apparently not the same as the Government Approved Vet we have been seeing so far. How do we find the OGV, and do we just send off copies of the lab report/vaccination certificate for them to complete the RNAT test declaration, or must they be originals?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Good Question.

I assume you are in the UK.

Chat to your local vets and ask if they do pet passports and if they do then they are qualified to do the RNATT declarations.

Other option is to email them to us at Petair and one of our vets can do the RNATT dec for you - we charge £50 for doing the RNATT decs. Email them to me at bob@petairuk.com and i can get an invoice to you and get the forms done and back to you within 24-48 hours.

Before you go charging into this, just bear in mind that Petair will apply for a permit for one pet for £319 and this includes the RNATT dec. The permit costs $485 AUD (£245) anyway, so for an extra £24 you can have someone apply for it and sort it out for you. If you are hellbent on doing as much of the process as you can yourself, then check and double check it is going to save you enough money to be worth doing.

Hi,

our cat has passed his rabies antibody test and we have the test report. We now have to get an Official Government Vet to complete the RNAT test declaration, but this is apparently not the same as the Government Approved Vet we have been seeing so far. How do we find the OGV, and do we just send off copies of the lab report/vaccination certificate for them to complete the RNAT test declaration, or must they be originals?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Sorry misread and can't see delete function.

Edited by Bungo

Good Question.

I assume you are in the UK.

Chat to your local vets and ask if they do pet passports and if they do then they are qualified to do the RNATT declarations.

Other option is to email them to us at Petair and one of our vets can do the RNATT dec for you - we charge £50 for doing the RNATT decs. Email them to me at bob@petairuk.com and i can get an invoice to you and get the forms done and back to you within 24-48 hours.

Before you go charging into this, just bear in mind that Petair will apply for a permit for one pet for £319 and this includes the RNATT dec. The permit costs $485 AUD (£245) anyway, so for an extra £24 you can have someone apply for it and sort it out for you. If you are hellbent on doing as much of the process as you can yourself, then check and double check it is going to save you enough money to be worth doing.

Thanks for your reply Bob. Yes, we are in the UK. The bit that threw me was the statement that the OGV was not the same as the Government approved vet who is already prepping our cat...I know this vet does pet passports, so does that mean he is actually an OGV and is it ok that he has been doing all the rest of the treatment/paperwork so far?? Thanks also for the permit quotes - I will be seeing the husband at the weekend and we will be taking a closer look at how much the costs are going to be. Personally, I know I would be more reassured if someone who knew what they are doing was in charge of it all rather than me!

Cardmaker - glad it's not just me! You would think it would be a bit more obvious when so many ppl must have done it before us!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply Bob. Yes, we are in the UK. The bit that threw me was the statement that the OGV was not the same as the Government approved vet who is already prepping our cat...I know this vet does pet passports, so does that mean he is actually an OGV and is it ok that he has been doing all the rest of the treatment/paperwork so far?? Thanks also for the permit quotes - I will be seeing the husband at the weekend and we will be taking a closer look at how much the costs are going to be. Personally, I know I would be more reassured if someone who knew what they are doing was in charge of it all rather than me!

Cardmaker - glad it's not just me! You would think it would be a bit more obvious when so many ppl must have done it before us!

Our regular vet completed the RNATT form and didn't charge anything