Vaccination questions

Can any vet do the rabies vaccination or do I need to find a particular registered one?

Is there a specific document/ certificate I will get?

Does the rabies vaccine have a time limit eg if we didn't travel for 2 years would it need re-doing?

Can dogs have the rabies vacc alongside their regular vacc (same appointment)?

Do I need a record of all their other vaccinations?

Edited by Bound4Tassie

An Official Veterinarian needs to do the rabies vaccine - ask the vets if they can do a pet passport and the vets who do pet passports can do the rabies/export workJust get the rabies vaccine on the vaccination card - no pet passport is needed, but when the blood results come back, you will need the rabies serology certificate The rabies vaccines are generally valid for 3 years, and the rabies blood sample lasts for 24 months.Rabies vaccine at same time as others vax - it is often done, but in the strictest sense there should be at least 2 weeks between themYes you need a record of all the vaccines!x

How strict are they on annual vaccinations? My vet does them biannually for most of them ,only doing the lepto annually. I ask as the lepto went about 3 months overdue - the vet said he was happy to just give a booster but that some of his colleagues would have insisted on starting the 2 stage primary vaccination again (?!)

So they are up to date as far as I know or would Aus have a different policy?