Where to live.....Queensland area...

Ahames

We are going to be moving to Gold Coast next year and we were there in January and looked around all the various different areas we thought we wouldn't mind living. It all depends on what you are looking for, we are going to be going to the cookers area somewhere, it's fairly large, we chose there as it's about 20/25 minutes drive from the Center so it's close enough to enjoy the city but far enough away not to have to deal with it on a daily basis unless we find work in the city. We stayed in robina which is nice but it's also much more expensive so you get much less house for the same money. The Bach is huge and stretches right up the coast so regardless of where you are you won't be more than a short drive to the beach.

it all depends on what you are looking for, there will be many more on here who can give you better advice than I can because they live there. We found going and actually having a holiday to look around was so helpful, the areas we thought we'd like from looking online weren't necessarily the ones we liked when we actually spent time there.

Lots of great places to live on the Gold Coast

To many to name them all

We live in Helensvale which is at the Northern end

We love Coolangatta and go often and it takes us about 30 mins

Brisbane in an hour

Pretty much suits us

Train station close by

Plus fingers crossed the light rail will be extended to Helensvale for the Commonwealth games

Any questions just ask away

Howard

Thanks for advice.

Do you have kids?

Jobs ready?

Where are you doing about a house?

im off to work now so might be a long reply..,

thanks

anna

no it's just me my wife to be and our 2 cats, we'll be married by the time we get there as we're not planning on going until September next year. I'm an electrician so it's tough to find a job from here as I'll have to do an extra certificate when there to get the quals transfered, with trades I think it's more a case of knocking on doors and visiting sites or using employment agencies.

We're moving back to Cornwall from Somerset for the 6 months or so prior to going and living with family so we can save to buy when we get there, we'll probably rent for 12 months first in coomera to make sure that's where we want to be and obviously make sure it's convenient for were we find work. It's handy for us at the moment as we rent here anyway so nothing to worry about selling.

We drove around everywhere when we were there from springbrook in the south to ormeau in the north and there were only a few places we didn't like the look of. we wouldn't live as far out as springbrook and the hinterlands as it's not really where we could see ourselves living although the place is beautiful.

A a trip for a holiday is expensive but I think for us it was money well spent, we were torn between Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast, we did a week in Gold Coast then drove up to the Sunshine Coast and stayed there for 4 days and left early, the place is lovely but not where we wanted to live, we thought it pointless to spend another week and a bit in a place we wouldn't want to live when the main reason for the trip was fact finding.

Edited by Skyba

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We are looking at the Gold Coast area. Can anyone offer us some good locations to live?

We'd love to be very near the beach but obv away from the 'rough' areas.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice.

Anna xx

Our cousin lives in Mermaid Waters and absolutely loves it there. Hope that helps! Her kids are at a super private school, hubbie works nearby as an Accountant at a business park. They get down to the beach at the weekend, have a boat, very nice Aussie lifestyle.

Help!

What are the job prospects for a qualified Gas Engineer in the Gold Coast area?

Any suggestions on areas to live and avoid for a family with two girls aged 13 and 12 in the Gold Coast area?

Also older one is at a grammar school here - what are the Ausie equivalent of good schools both primary and secondary in the Gold Coast area?

Any advice/honest opinions appreciated.

thanks