taking asthma inhalers on plane?

AnxiousMum

Hi All,

As its nearing our Aussie Reckie in just over 2 months!!!!!!!! gonna start asking questions again.

So here is my first of probably many (lol) Can you take Asthma Inhalers on the plane with you in hand luggage, or do you have to put them in the suitcase. Slightly worried if we have to put them in the suitcase what happens if my son has an attack on the plane!!

Second question still suitcase and meds related. My other son has really bad travel sickness, we are not sure how bad if at all he will be on a plane as never experienced it before, but in a car its horrendous. Anyway I am hoping to get some strong travel pills from the doctors and again am not sure are we allowed to take this tablets on the plane with us in handluggage or does it have to go in the suitcase again.?

Many thanks in advance and hope you all had a great xmas:tongue:

Guest LX_RV86

Hi Anxious Mum

You should always take prescription meds in your hand luggage!

As for the asthma inhalers, it's no problem at all, it'll be fine in your hand luggage :) I brought my ventolin and becotide inhalers last time to Oz and it was no trouble! Make sure you declare it at customs when landing in Oz that you have prescription meds :)

Best of luck :) any questions, ask away, it's a fantastic forum :)

Hi All,

As its nearing our Aussie Reckie in just over 2 months!!!!!!!! gonna start asking questions again.

So here is my first of probably many (lol) Can you take Asthma Inhalers on the plane with you in hand luggage, or do you have to put them in the suitcase. Slightly worried if we have to put them in the suitcase what happens if my son has an attack on the plane!!

Second question still suitcase and meds related. My other son has really bad travel sickness, we are not sure how bad if at all he will be on a plane as never experienced it before, but in a car its horrendous. Anyway I am hoping to get some strong travel pills from the doctors and again am not sure are we allowed to take this tablets on the plane with us in handluggage or does it have to go in the suitcase again.?

Many thanks in advance and hope you all had a great xmas:tongue:

Hi there :emoticon-signxmas:

Just to let you know I took my inhalers when we went to oz on hols, I had them in hand luggage just take one of your precriptions with you to prove that there yours, same with the travel sickness tablets, maybe a letter from the doc if you want.

Hope this helps:)))

Briggy xxx

Guest leeob77

i always take my inhalers in my hand luggage (usually have my ventolin in my pocket) and have never had a problem. never needed to show a prescription either.

however we made sure to photocopy all our prescriptions for meds this time (inhalers, babys nutramigen milk, mrs pill) as we are travelling via dubai and dont want any hassle!

lee.

Its best to have a letter from the doctor as well just in case. My daughter always takes a letter from her docs setting out her medication, she has not had to show it but you never know the one time you do not have it you may need it. Ventolin is sold in Australia without prescription.

Guest LX_RV86
Ventolin is sold in Australia without prescription.

:huh: that's worrying! :huh: (but good news if it's cheaper than having to get it on prescription!) Any idea how much it costs compared to a prescription?

Archived