Pays to look around

Guest Redaussies

Guest Redaussies

Just thought I'd share this with you. Scratched my car yesterday reversing into a car space. No TP involved just a pillar. Problem is I can't blame her indoors because She was with me in the car at the time. Buggar. :daydreaming:

Not a lot of damage though just a scrape above the wheel arch. Cleaned most of it away and polished it off today before taking it to get a few quotes. Reason for this post is to warn you guy's. I live in West Brisbane area, so I went to the local Mitsubishi garage in Toowong who referred me to a place called, Toowong Milton Body repairs. Guy came out examined my car took a picture, made some notes and I explained I would pay the repair myself not Insurance. He said OK we will E-mail the quote to you.

Fair play, by lunch time the quote was here, very detailed, even changing my petrol cap, new windows and tint. My car is just 2 months old. Opened the quote, read it, read it again and read it a third time. Luckily I have a degree so I was able to read it and understand it, boy was it full of detail and crap. Final price $1,112.98. At this point I went to the bathroom to look in the mirror because I was sure there must have been a tatoo or something on my head saying clown or mug or something.

Anyhow cutting a long story short, off I went to my local area and at Seventeen Miles Rocks a suburb near to our area, got 2 more quotes from 2 reputable repair shops, both Insurance work approved and the work guaranteed. Second quote $571, the 3rd quote $470. All quotes typed up on letter headed paper and the one I chose at $470, are full with work until October 6th. So that sounds encouraging.

Point is, as back home, never take anything first hand or at face value, and whatever we sometimes feel about Australians being more laid back and more approachable or friendlier people than back home, fact is where money is concerned they will turn you over just like the next man. I could have been done for $650 by the first guy, I can't wait for them to call me tomorrow to ask me what I thought of the quote.

So just make a note of the name, Milton Toowong Repair Centre, one to avoid I reckon, The B*******ds :arghh:

REDDERS

Guest julie2g1b

hi redders

i love the title of the thread cause if you had there would be no damage

:biglaugh:sorry could not resist..........................

thanks for the addvice though will make sure i look around and get quote's

will click your chick for that lol

julie :wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen

It just shows the mark up that some companies add on. I know in the vet world if an animal is insured the cost of treatment goes up $1000 because they know the insurance firms will pay it, it is unbelievable!!!

Guest Redaussies
hi redders

i love the title of the thread cause if you had there would be no damage

sorry could not resist..........................

thanks for the addvice though will make sure i look around and get quote's

will click your chick for that lol

You cheeky buggar, you should click me a few times for that comment, (sharp of you though fair play!!) if her indoors hadn't been yapping like a canary as usual :chatterbox: it wouldn't have happened. Women !!

REDDERS

Guest julie2g1b
You cheeky buggar, you should click me a few times for that comment, (sharp of you though fair play!!) if her indoors hadn't been yapping like a canary as usual :chatterbox: it wouldn't have happened. Women !!

REDDERS

we can never win you blame her in doors for being in the car yapping and

would still put blame if at home saying she did it, well thats men for you lmao

Good thread this coz I was going to put a post on asking for recommendations for car body repairers coz I backed into something the other week too!!!....... and yes I am female and it was my fault! I was trying to put my make up on and send a txt message at the same time!!:shocked: :twitcy:

No, honestly, have bent up a corner section of the rear bumper, doesn't look like there's any other damage but would appreciate any recommendations for repairers coz I don't want to get striped for being a pom AND female!

Cal, do you reckon your guy would be interested?

Lyn x

Guest Redaussies
we can never win you blame her in doors for being in the car yapping and

would still put blame if at home saying she did it, well thats men for you lmao

Ouch, You got me again, go away and leave me alone, your too clever for me!!! :wacko:

Redders

Guest Redaussies
Redders if you havnt had done it yet contact me for a mobile repair guys details ,he is a pom and excellent at his job,he does alot of the work for the showrooms and main dealers,best of all he comes to you!!

Cal x

Thanks Cal for that offer, great to know. I have booked the car in now with the local company, they seem well thought of in my area and I liked their attitude. And fair play, the price was very good. But I will keep a note of your offer, knowing my luck, I'm sure to need this service again. Thanks,

I'm gonna wait now for my new friend Julie to batter me on this thread once again, so far I'm 0 - 2 down :twitcy:

REDDERS

Guest julie2g1b

hiya redders

men always need a good servicing :biglaugh:treat the wife better you never

know :Randy-git:i deserver another click for that lmao....................

julie xx

Good thread this coz I was going to put a post on asking for recommendations for car body repairers coz I backed into something the other week too!!!....... and yes I am female and it was my fault! I was trying to put my make up on and send a txt message at the same time!!:shocked: :twitcy:

No, honestly, have bent up a corner section of the rear bumper, doesn't look like there's any other damage but would appreciate any recommendations for repairers coz I don't want to get striped for being a pom AND female!

Cal, do you reckon your guy would be interested?

Lyn x

Hiya Lyn ,i will pm you his number ,he is at Coomera so not too far from you anyway.

Cal x

Guest Redaussies
hiya redders

men always need a good servicing treat the wife better you never

know :Randy-git:i deserver another click for that lmao....................

julie xx

No worries Mate, obscene-smiley-934.gif treated like a blooddy Queen my MRS, I'm the slave around my house and I don't me sex slave either!! She won the lottery the day she met me!!

REDDERS

Guest itskaren
Just thought I'd share this with you. Scratched my car yesterday reversing into a car space. No TP involved just a pillar. Problem is I can't blame her indoors because She was with me in the car at the time. Buggar. :daydreaming:

Not a lot of damage though just a scrape above the wheel arch. Cleaned most of it away and polished it off today before taking it to get a few quotes. Reason for this post is to warn you guy's. I live in West Brisbane area, so I went to the local Mitsubishi garage in Toowong who referred me to a place called, Toowong Milton Body repairs. Guy came out examined my car took a picture, made some notes and I explained I would pay the repair myself not Insurance. He said OK we will E-mail the quote to you.

Fair play, by lunch time the quote was here, very detailed, even changing my petrol cap, new windows and tint. My car is just 2 months old. Opened the quote, read it, read it again and read it a third time. Luckily I have a degree so I was able to read it and understand it, boy was it full of detail and crap. Final price $1,112.98. At this point I went to the bathroom to look in the mirror because I was sure there must have been a tatoo or something on my head saying clown or mug or something.

Anyhow cutting a long story short, off I went to my local area and at Seventeen Miles Rocks a suburb near to our area, got 2 more quotes from 2 reputable repair shops, both Insurance work approved and the work guaranteed. Second quote $571, the 3rd quote $470. All quotes typed up on letter headed paper and the one I chose at $470, are full with work until October 6th. So that sounds encouraging.

Point is, as back home, never take anything first hand or at face value, and whatever we sometimes feel about Australians being more laid back and more approachable or friendlier people than back home, fact is where money is concerned they will turn you over just like the next man. I could have been done for $650 by the first guy, I can't wait for them to call me tomorrow to ask me what I thought of the quote.

So just make a note of the name, Milton Toowong Repair Centre, one to avoid I reckon, The B*******ds :arghh:

REDDERS

thanks for that! i will put in my diary so not to ever use them and will tell as many people as possible in the meantime. I will print this out for future reference!

Archived